Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Tax Year Prior to 2020: Which bank do my fees get taken from?

which third party bank did my refund go to

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

15 Replies

Santa Barbara Tax Products Group, LLC  (SBTPG) is the bank that handles the Refund Processing Service when you choose to have your TurboTax fees deducted from your refund. This option also has an additional charge from the bank that processes the transaction. 

You can contact them SBTPG, toll-free, at 1-877-908-7228 or go to their secure website www.sbtpg.com 

https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/2580357-who-provides-the-refund-processing-service

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

Don’t use them!!!   I’ve never in all the years I have filed never received my deposit when the IRS said I would...this year nothing on the 5th even though IRS says sent to bank...SBTG says they haven’t received???   My last year using TT after all these years....poor customer service on this issue and none from your bank 

WKins2
Expert Alumni

If you elected to have your tax preparation fees deducted from your refund, it will be taken before the funds are sent to your bank. If you elected to pay your tax preparation fees separately the fees will be drawn form your bank. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

I am aware of the process I’ve been using TT for years...this year it’s just a mess on the bank you guys use....it’s the 7th still nothing showing on SBTG website even though IRS said they sent it on the 5th....unfortunately I cannot have faith that this will not happen again so will switch to HR Block it seems from the group I am in their bank did not have this issue...and they received money earlier or on date IRS said it was sent

Jynx
Level 2

Did you finally receive yours? I am having the same problem and have hit a wall dealing with people. 

CarissaM
Intuit Alumni

If you elected to have your fees deducted from your refund, the IRS will send your return to Santa Barbara Bank, where they will deduct the fees and then deposit any remaining refund into your account. 

You can track your refund at the Santa Barbara website by clicking here

@CarissaM So is the routing number on the 1040 the routing number for sbtpg or is that turbo routing number?

CarissaM
Intuit Alumni

The routing number on your 1040 should be for the Turbo Prepaid Visa, you can also click here to contact customer support for Turbo Prepaid Visa, and they can provide you with the routing and account number used for direct deposits. 

It’s a ripoff

now they will get our stimulus money 

Where is my stimulus check and why have you all stopped answering calls? 

@dissatisfied09 wrote:

Where is my stimulus check and why have you all stopped answering calls? 

Use this IRS website for stimulus payment status - https://www.irs.gov/coronavirus/get-my-payment

Use this IRS website for get my payment FAQ's - https://www.irs.gov/coronavirus/get-my-payment-frequently-asked-questions

I have called Turbo Tax twice in the last week to find out what is going on with my federal refund. Today I got the phone number for the bank and called. It is an automated system and will not let me talk with a representative. I am frustrated beyond how long the process has taken for this bank to give me my refund. My money was released on Feb 9th and it is March 8th and still no money direct deposited into my account. I went on the banks website to put in my information to clear up where it is in the processing stage and they claim they haven’t received it. What is the next step because calling them and checking the website is not it?????

Cass0317
Intuit Alumni

TurboTax does not receive any further updates regarding your tax return after it's been accepted by the IRS. Once the IRS Where’s My Refund? site shows your refund has been sent, it generally takes Santa Barbara Tax Products Group (SBTPG), who administers the "refund processing service" for Intuit, 1 to 2 business days to process and forward your refund to your financial institution, after it receives them from the IRS.

Then once SBTPG sends the refund to your bank it can take up to 5 business days to post to your account.

• To check your refund status with SBTPG click here.
  • For SBTPG contact information, please click the following link: SBTPG Contact 
  • You may also submit a request to them here.

If you have not received your refund and it is past the timeframes noted above, you may need to start a tracer by following the instructions in the following IRS link: IRS Refund Trace

@dtweaver39

I'm trying to set up direct deposit on my greendot card. I wanna make sure that my tax return will be able to come from the baml turbox uses.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies