turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Where’s my federal refund?

Agree they would be up our ass if we owed money. When it comes to them owing us, it's good luck you will get it when we are good and ready.

You can call the IRS like they said here but you may have to call many times and many days.

After many tries I finally was able to talk to someone from the IRS and was told it could be August. Sure hope not.

Hey everyone just Received my Federal taxes but I was supposed to get 2000. But they gave me 500  IRS. Computer said I had a mistake on one of my Forms don't you think Turbotax Is responsible I feel like if I made a mistake they should have caught it before it was sent in that's why I use them because I don't know what I'm doing I live paycheck to paycheck Really needed that money to pay bills Hurting bad I haven't stop crying since I found out😢😢😢😢😢

@gameplayer21!! TurboTax cannot catch every possible user error.   The software has no way to know if you leave out income, enter an amount incorrectly, make a typo, or enter something in the wrong place.   The software does its calculations based on your data entries, and you are supposed to check over your own entries for accuracy.   Lots of people made mistakes on 2020 returns especially with the recovery rebate credit.   If your refund was reduced by the IRS then in several weeks you will get a letter from the IRS that explains why they reduced your refund.

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

hey , you will get a letter by the IRS telling you what was wrong. On my for a sample it was the 2and stimulus check I never received. You can talked to someone at IRS and they defently will help you understand after receiving your letter! Got luck hope you get figured out what the issue is and get that money.

I got 3 letters and not one told me a heck of a lot. Other I don't need to do anything yet!!!! It's been since Feb. 11th when filed, March 4th when we were to receive refund. Instead of sending the refund we are entitled to and then figure out from there about the taxes on the unemployment, NOPE they won't or haven't done that either. 

Mayzte what is .B?

Jcarter87

Same here, still waiting since March and it says still processing! @wheresmyreturn @turbodeduction

I sent my tax refund 3/15. My son sent his mid April. He got his refund weeks ago. Someone I worked with claimed she did not get either stimulus check from 2020 on her taxes she sent in in Feb.  She not only got money back on her tax refund but also got the stimulus checks soon after.....how is this fing fair?  Paid twice!  Who is in charge of this fiasco?  I have yet to receive my $600 stimulus check and I suspect because of my hatred for 45 I was probably on a hit list. What can be done about this?  I want my refund! Please update me on where the process is on my refund!

@Greengarden100 wrote:

I sent my tax refund 3/15. My son sent his mid April. He got his refund weeks ago. Someone I worked with claimed she did not get either stimulus check from 2020 on her taxes she sent in in Feb.  She not only got money back on her tax refund but also got the stimulus checks soon after.....how is this fing fair?  Paid twice!  Who is in charge of this fiasco?  I have yet to receive my $600 stimulus check and I suspect because of my hatred for 45 I was probably on a hit list. What can be done about this?  I want my refund! Please update me on where the process is on my refund!

Millions of taxpayers have not yet received there federal tax refunds.

Go to this IRS website for operational status - https://www.irs.gov/newsroom/irs-operations-during-covid-19-mission-critical-functions-continue

As of May 28, 2021, we had 19,000 individual tax returns received prior to 2021 in the processing pipeline. Including current year returns, as of May 28, 2021, we had 18.1 million unprocessed individual returns in the pipeline. Unprocessed returns include those requiring correction to the Recovery Rebate Credit amount or validation of 2019 income used to figure the Earned Income Tax Credit (EITC) and Additional Child Tax Credit (ACTC). This work does not require us to correspond with taxpayers but does require special handling by an IRS employee so, in these instances, it is taking the IRS more than 21 days to issue any related refund. If, as a result, a correction is made to any RRC, EITC or ACTC claimed on the return, the IRS will send taxpayers an explanation. Taxpayers are encouraged to continue to check Where’s My Refund? for their personalized refund status and can review Tax Season Refund Frequently Asked Questions.

Once a tax return has been Accepted by the IRS or a State, TurboTax receives no further information concerning the tax return or the status of any tax refund.

If accepted by the IRS use the federal tax refund website to check the refund status - https://www.irs.gov/refunds
If accepted by the state use this TurboTax support FAQ to check the state tax refund status - https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/1899433-how-do-i-track-my-state-refund

After the tax return has been Accepted by the IRS (meaning only that they received the return) it will be in the Processing mode until the tax refund has been Approved and then an Issue Date will be available on the IRS website.
See this IRS website for federal tax refund FAQ's - https://www.irs.gov/refunds/tax-season-refund-frequently-asked-questions
If over 21 days since being Accepted by the IRS and the tax refund is still Processing you can call the IRS and speak with an IRS agent concerning your tax refund.
Call the IRS: 1-800-829-1040 hours 7 AM - 7 PM local time Monday-Friday
When calling the IRS do NOT choose the first option re: "Refund", or it will send you to an automated phone line.
So after first choosing your language, then do NOT choose Option 1 (refund info). Choose option 2 for "personal income tax" instead.
Then press 1 for "form, tax history, or payment".
Then press 3 "for all other questions."
Then press 2 "for all other questions."
- When it asks you to enter your SSN or EIN to access your account information, don't enter anything.
- After it asks twice, you will get another menu.

Press 2 for personal or individual tax questions.
Then press 4 for all other inquiries
It should then transfer you to an agent.

My taxes were accepted 3/17. Because of an early year final divorce..I am guessing that I got cast aside into no where land along with many of the rest of the people here. Drop the conspiracies..it’s clear that the IRS is way understaffed. And because of my early year status change, I have not received the March stimulus. It would really come in handy. However it is not due to Turbo Tax or a conspiracy. I contacted my house rep and state senator and left messages stating that many of us are waiting and the IRS needs to have the staffing and take care of it.

ValMM Don't understand why they can't work on those refunds that has been sitting there since Feb. but yet they don't seem to understaffed to get all those checks out come July 15th.  This I said to to the 2 people I got to talk to from the IRS. The attitude I got from both of them was unbelievable. They can only say How can I help you today?  We are working on your refund but will take another 60 days. They have been working on it since Feb. I told the last person it's unbelievable that it's been 4 months and it's going to take another 60 days. I said I don't understand why it's taking that long when they have been processing it since Feb. How long does it take to check with unemployment about the amount I received when it only takes a fax for them to get information.

CHAMP DoninGA What is said here is a bunch of bull. The only thing that is right is the being able to call. But good luck in that also cause it takes days to get ahold of someone. Best time to call is between 7am and 7:30am their time. Then you will be put on hold for almost  a hour. Then when you get someone they don't help. They will tell you that they are working on it and it could be another 60 days. We have been waiting for 4 months now. We can't find out a darn thing. It's worthless in calling them. Yet come in a few weeks they can get checks out for families with kids but can't work on people's refunds. Seems like someone should help us tax payers that pay to get their taxes done. If these companies would start working for the people then just possible the IRS will actually get more refunds out. I know you say that the buck stops once it gets to IRS but it shouldn't.  You  are saying just what the IRS is going to say to those that call or write. Can't get anywhere with the IRS and can't get anywhere with these companies that we pay to do our taxes.

When I have checked on IRS website, every single time it has stated processing. I now believe that it only means they have your return and it is sitting in some electronic cast off pile waiting to be checked by a human.  This is a good thread to let us understand it is not only ourself that is experiencing this but complaining to Turbo Tax is not the answer. Look up your Senate and House Rep. Call and leave a message. It would be nice if people don’t have to go through this in the future.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies