Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Where’s my federal refund?

I'm in the same boat, filed a long time ago and no refund yet, and Turbotax is making me pay for their support. They can see I haven't received it, will I be able to get support after payment? Hope so.

Camfil

I have been waiting for 6 weeks for my refund says it’s processing who do I contact 

@Camfil wrote:

I have been waiting for 6 weeks for my refund says it’s processing who do I contact 

Call the IRS: 1-800-829-1040 hours 7 AM - 7 PM local time Monday-Friday
When calling the IRS do NOT choose the first option re: "Refund", or it will send you to an automated phone line.
So after first choosing your language, then do NOT choose Option 1 (refund info). Choose option 2 for "personal income tax" instead.
Then press 1 for "form, tax history, or payment".
Then press 3 "for all other questions."
Then press 2 "for all other questions."
- When it asks you to enter your SSN or EIN to access your account information, don't enter anything.
- After it asks twice, you will get another menu.

Press 2 for personal or individual tax questions.
Then press 4 for all other inquiries
It should then transfer you to an agent.

Still waiting too. Accepted March 17 :(

Good info on the number etc but impossible to get through. So I continue to wait. 

Turbo seems to not be able to help those that has been waiting since Feb.  It's all up to the irs and good luck in being able to get though to them. Maybe see if you have a irs office close to you instead and try calling them first and then call the [phone number removed] number. Good luck in finding answers from Irs  or turbo.

If you read the posts that is on here about all those that are having that same problem you may see your answer. LOL.

It should tell you on your turbo page. It will tell you when IRS accepted it.

See if you have a local IRS office and if so try calling them??

I don't get the amount they want to charge. But due to Biden's last stimulus package, if you paid taxes on unemployment you may of gotten, that can be the error. Cause when IRS, which they should of sent you a letter, tells you, you may have to amend your taxes and they tell you why. So talk to turbo and you may not have to pay that amount.

It’s too bad that intuit cannot wait till we receive our federal refund for their payment, as is implied when you set up your payment to them!  I find that unprofessional & bad for business.

Jtabaka

I was going to pay my turbo tax fees with my refund but my refund is still processing....now what!?! Should I pay it or just keep waiting

Your answer is not correct.  I have many friends that filed thru HR Block at the same time that we filed.

They received their refund within 10 days.

Yes, everyone I know that used H&R Block or an individual CPA have not had these kinds of delays.  I have used TurboTax for 12 years with no issue, but this demand of payment before our refunds are received makes this my last time.  I would rather pay a private CPA $100 upfront ---at least I'll be expecting that payment ----  and be pretty certain that he's up on the latest info, and instead of sending "no reply" emails, he will COMMUNICATE with me.   It's a shame there are so many delays --- TurboTax can also be patient.  

ccampbell Maybe those that you know that used H&R block or a CPA but everyone I know that did still hasn't received their refund yet. It depends if you got unemployment. That is the main reason why there is a delay. Yes getting answers as to when isn't there even at the IRS. I called many times and can't get though.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies