Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Where’s my federal refund?

DoninGA, Well I did just what you said here to do. When I got to the last part I got due to high volume of calls can't take your call at this time, try later or another day. :(

tyide88 Yeah but those that did, did they draw unemployment?

Same here been there trying since February22

Nope!   I didn’t get any unemployment &  we’re delayed.   I just think with Covid and their personnel issues, they’re way behind.

I know some that didn't draw unemployment that got their refund within a week. So it makes no sense in what the IRS is doing. Those people I know filed same time I did.

I got that message and decided to save my time and not bother to repeatedly call over and over to get the same. Trying to be patient. I’m not one of those that got unemployment. If I got kicked out it’s because I was still married the first 5 days of the year so I filed married separately. It’s frustrating because I not only haven’t gotten my refund but have yet to see March stimulus money. From what I’ve read it could be my taxes not processed with my actual address that is holding that up. :(

IRS
Level 2

Its on the way

how do you know this?  Did they actually tell you that on "where's my refund?"

still now I didn't receive my tax refund when I call IRS  they tell me it's processing now I don't have the money because they didn't give me the money. But we made a deal that if they give me the money I can pay.    

Thank you for your understaning

I am angry with the IRS. I final got ahold of someone. I was told that they are checking out the income that was reported to what they have there. Mind You this has been since Feb. they are checking. WAS ASKED if we got a letter. Told her YES we actually got 3 letters from IRS. What I was TOLD next didn't make sense either. In the LETTER We received, the 3rd one, in April said it could take up to 60 days. What she told me it can take another 120 days. I was so angry. I said to her that it's not right that the letter said 60, it goes up to 90, NOW it's going to be another 120. Said that it maybe in August before we get refund. They come after you if you owe but we can't do anything about the money they owe us. I mentioned about this child credit coming in July.  Nothing against that, but they should be getting our refunds out and then work on this child credit. It's not fair that they are making us wait like that. I am starting to believe it's has to do with me being a Trump supporter and not just about the tax forgiven on the unemployment.

Happy to hear that some of us are finally getting refunds.

After trying to talk to someone at IRS, which took at least 4 tries and being on hold for over 40 minutes, I posted here on what I was told. NOT happy period.

I am so Sorry for you but it has nothing to do with your political alignment. They clearly are back logged and short staffed.  Many of us wait. Is it right? No. But little we can do but wait. This also holds up my march stimulus money. Not happy at all but anger won’t get me anywhere. This is a good place to vent though as we all are waiting. 

I filed thru TurboTax and says accepted on march 13.

Check IRS site daily and still processing almost 3 months???

@Glenn Neal wrote:

I filed thru TurboTax and says accepted on march 13.

Check IRS site daily and still processing almost 3 months???

After the tax return has been Accepted by the IRS (meaning only that they received the return) it will be in the Processing mode until the tax refund has been Approved and then an Issue Date will be available on the IRS website.
See this IRS website for federal tax refund FAQ's - https://www.irs.gov/refunds/tax-season-refund-frequently-asked-questions
If over 21 days since being Accepted by the IRS and the tax refund is still Processing you can call the IRS and speak with an IRS agent concerning your tax refund.
Call the IRS: 1-800-829-1040 hours 7 AM - 7 PM local time Monday-Friday
When calling the IRS do NOT choose the first option re: "Refund", or it will send you to an automated phone line.
So after first choosing your language, then do NOT choose Option 1 (refund info). Choose option 2 for "personal income tax" instead.
Then press 1 for "form, tax history, or payment".
Then press 3 "for all other questions."
Then press 2 "for all other questions."
- When it asks you to enter your SSN or EIN to access your account information, don't enter anything.
- After it asks twice, you will get another menu.

Press 2 for personal or individual tax questions.
Then press 4 for all other inquiries
It should then transfer you to an agent.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies