turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Where can I find my IRS confirmation number?

I need confirmation number for my TurboTax Advantage my license code [removed].

MichelleLO
Intuit Alumni

Your license code was removed for your protection. You can get your confirmation number by signing into your TurboTax Advantage account by clicking here. You can also contact TurboTax Advantage Customer Support by clicking this link.

@JZillige5720

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

It didn't work for us. No confirmation by selecting ever option on TTD Deluxe Windows.  E file status not updating. Customer support confirmed and email confirmation of return accept, but not on software.

@jst1195 wrote:

It didn't work for us. No confirmation by selecting ever option on TTD Deluxe Windows.  E file status not updating. Customer support confirmed and email confirmation of return accept, but not on software.

So when you click on the File menu at the top left of the desktop program screen and click on Electronic Filing>Check Electronic Filing Status, absolutely nothing is shown?

Did you e-file the tax return in the File section of the program by clicking on the large Orange button labeled "Transmit my returns now"?

Were both my federal and state taxes filed electronically or do I have to print them out and mail them?

@ljdjbdTAXES wrote:

Were both my federal and state taxes filed electronically or do I have to print them out and mail them?

Did you e-file your tax return and was it accepted?
Only the IRS and your State control when and if a Federal or State tax refund is Approved and Issued.

You complete your tax return by finishing all 3 Steps in the File section. In Step 3, to e-file your tax return, you must click on the large button labeled "Transmit my returns now".

After completing the File section and e-filing your tax return you will receive two emails from TurboTax. The first email when your tax return was transmitted and the second email when the tax return has either been accepted or rejected.

Note - Once a tax return has been Accepted by the IRS or a State, TurboTax receives no further information concerning the tax return or the status of any tax refund.  Only the taxpayer listed on the tax return can obtain the status of a tax refund or a tax return.

To check the status of an e-filed return, open up your desktop product or log into your TurboTax Online Account. You can find your status within the TurboTax product.
If accepted by the IRS use the federal tax refund website to check the refund status - https://www.irs.gov/refunds
If accepted by the state use this TurboTax support FAQ to check the state tax refund status - https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/1899433-how-do-i-track-my-state-refund

After the tax return has been Accepted by the IRS (meaning only that they received the return) it will be in the Processing mode until the tax refund has been Approved and then an Issue Date will be available on the IRS website.
See this IRS website for federal tax refund FAQ's - https://www.irs.gov/refunds/tax-season-refund-frequently-asked-questions

Ceddywop21
Returning Member

I need my confirmation number

@Ceddywop21 There is no "confirmation number" from the IRS.   If you e-filed then there is an electronic postmark that shows that you e-filed.   It will print out with your tax return when you print after filing.  For further information please read through this entire thread.   

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

I emailed my federal taxes ..

When I was finished,they gave me a (order number.) DOES THIS ORDER NUMBER MEEN THAT I COMPLETED MY TAX REFUND

How do I know if my taxes went t through.when I got finished filing my fed tax.

T hey told to continue to file my state taxes.

Does that mean that I successfully  completed my application 

??

@Prestonwhitesr

Did you e-file?  Did you click a big orange button that said “Transmit my returns now?”

When you e-file your federal return you will receive two emails from TurboTax.  The first one will say that your return was submitted.  The second email will tell you if your federal return was accepted or rejected.  If you e-filed a state return, there will be a third email to tell you if the state accepted or rejected your state return.

First, check your e-file status to see if your return was accepted: 

https://turbotax.intuit.com/tax-tools/efile-status-lookup/

If the IRS accepted it, what does it say here?  

https://www.irs.gov/refunds         

Or does your account say “Ready to Mail?”

Note:  If it says “Ready to Mail” or “Printed” that means YOU have to mail it yourself.  TurboTax does not mail your tax return for you.

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

@Prestonwhitesr Your question about the "order number" concerns me......I wonder if you really went all the way through the FILE section and e-filed.   Paying your fees does not file your tax return.   If you did not successfully e-file and get an email telling you that the e-file was accepted, then you probably did not go far enough in the program.   And if you did not e-file, it is now too late to e-file.   If you discover that you did not e-file correctly, the only way to file your tax returns now is by mail.   E-filing is closed.

If you need to file by mail, print the returns, sign and date them in ink, and put them in envelopes to mail.

When you mail a tax return, you need to attach any documents showing tax withheld, such as your W-2’s or any 1099’s.  Use a mailing service that will track it, such as UPS or certified mail so you will know the IRS/state received the return.

Federal and state returns must be in separate envelopes and they are mailed to different addresses.  Read the mailing instructions that print with your tax return carefully so you mail them to the right addresses.

Pjc39571

I got a conformation email from turbo tax last May that my tax return was accepted by the IRS

Now I get a letter from the IRS that says it never received my return. What can I do to prove my return was sent from turbo tax?

@Pjc39571 Read that letter carefully.  The IRS does not send letters just to say they did not get a tax return from you.  Does it say you owe federal tax and did not pay?    Your only proof that you paid your tax due is your own bank or credit card records.

I efiled federal and state tax returns yesterday. I receive confirmation from Intuit and my bank of my payment for state tax efile. I have not received any status from the IRS that my taxes were received. How long does this take? When I go back into the TurboTax Deluxe program it's asking me to efile. Something doesn't look right.

thanks.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies