turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

When will turbotax 2022 (for the 2021 tax year) be released?

I appreciate that there are a couple of options to start taxes for 2021 using Turbo Tax.  For decades I have been using the TurboTax package that allows to do up to 5 tax returns on an Windows computer. 

Historically I have used the early version to enter deductions...hoping to get started.....Can you set an expectation on the download product drop

Huh? You can buy the Desktop CD/Download program now (came out in early November).   States are not ready to download yet.

Buy the personal Desktop CD/Download programs here or look in stores for better prices.  Costco has a coupon right now in Jan 2022.

https://turbotax.intuit.com/personal-taxes/cd-download/

And actually the Desktop program can do unlimited returns but Efile only 5.   

Ms Volvo Girl

When I tried to buy the download on Amazon, Costco or Intuit they are 2021 Turbotax for years 2020.  Do you have a link that allows purchase for 2022 TurboTax for tax year 2021. 

No you are confused.  You buy the same year program that you are filing.  We are filing 2021 returns now in 2022.  You need the 2021 program.   The 2022 Turbo Tax program won't come out for a year next November to do 2022 returns.

Thank you for clarification! 

garybenji

Re: When will turbotax 2022 (for the 2021 tax year) be released?

Have you read any of the posts in this thread?  If you had, you would know that version 2021 for tax year 2021 was released online months ago for download, plus you can buy it on disc from Intuit or from many retail outlets.  It was first released at least 2 months ago.

AshleyLO
Intuit Alumni

The following Product Guide will easily guide you to the 2021 products that are currently available: 2021 Product Guide @garybenji

Re: When will turbotax 2022 (for the 2021 tax year) be released?

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

@garybenji The software is not called TurboTax 2022.   It is called TurboTax 2021 since it is to be used to prepare a return for tax year 2021.  You will file it in 2022, but it is a 2021 return and 2021 software.

2021 TURBOTAX

CD/DOWNLOAD (This requires a full PC or Mac—-cannot be used on a mobile device)

https://turbotax.intuit.com/personal-taxes/cd-download/

You can also purchase the CD/download from various retailers such as Costco, Amazon, Walmart, Best Buy, Staples, Sam’s Club, etc. etc. etc.

This link Where can I obtain authentic TurboTax software? has a list of authorized TurboTax resellers.

When you use desktop software, there is an additional fee to e-file a state return.  You can avoid that fee if you print, sign and mail the state return.  The state e-file fee is $19.99 and increases in March.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/system-requirements/help/minimum-system-requirements-for-turbotax-...

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/system-requirements/help/minimum-system-requirements-for-turbotax-...

ONLINE 2021

https://turbotax.intuit.com/personal-taxes/online/

And just so you know—online prices go up in March—Pay your fee before then to lock in the discount

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

OK its now Mid Feb 2022 and you still have several forms not being "ready to file" within your program and one says it will be March before its ready.

What is going on?  From 8801 and 6251 for example!    Why?

It's not working guys!   This maybe the last year I use TT and a tax filer!

@PecosBill wrote:

What is going on?  From 8801 and 6251 for example!    Why?

All forms have to be approved by the IRS for use in the program.

Not looking for any state forms Just Federal forms.  And one is not due till March?????

Come on guys!

wendy5

I would really like to model my taxes for 2022! I need to base them on my return for 2021. Without that support I'm just blowing numbers in the wind, but if I can just operate on a rough draft of the forms for next year, based on real data from last year, then I can approximate an approach. How do I do this? How do I make my 2021 final return info available to a 2022 model? When I try to model a new return for 2022 it thinks it's 2021 and it won't make my 2021 return available to the model. SMH help! 

@wendy5 

Are you currently using the online or downloaded program ?

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies