Here's our 2018 TurboTax CD/Download software lineup:
- Basic — Best for simple returns where you don't need to file a state return.
- Deluxe — Recommended if you itemize and want to maximize your deductions.
- Premier — Extra guidance and phone help from CPAs and EAs for your investment sales and rentals, and your retirement. The program also includes an IRA tool!
- Home & Business — Handles your personal (1040) return along with maximizing your self-employment, consultant, or small business expenses on Schedule C. Also includes retirement tax help and the IRA tool, and help for investment sales and rentals.
- Business — For corporation, S corporation, partnership, multi-member LLC, estates & trusts, and homeowner association returns.
Although Basic, Deluxe, Premier, and Home & Business all support the same tax forms and schedules, the step-by-step guidance is different (for example, Basic through Home & Business all support Schedules C and D, but Premier and Home & Business have extra guidance and interview screens geared towards investment sales and self-employment, respectively).
Deluxe through Home & Business also include all the features from the lower-tier version(s). This means Deluxe includes all Basic features, Premier includes all Deluxe features, and so on.