Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

WHEN DO I GET THE RAL LOAN?

i was approved for RAL loan.. now what
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
HelenaC

Once the IRS accepts your e-filed return and if you are eligible and approved for Refund Advance (a 0% APR loan with $0 loan fees) and the Turbo Prepaid Visa Card, you’ll be able to start spending online, typically within 48 hours of the IRS accepting your return.

After you’ve been approved for Refund Advance, we’ll email you instructions to set up your Turbo Card account. Once your account is set up, you’ll get temporary account details you can use to spend your refund advance funds online. We’ll also send you a physical Turbo Card in the mail. It should arrive within 5-10 business days. You can use your Turbo Card anywhere Visa is accepted in the U.S.

Note: Once you activate your physical Turbo Card, your temporary account information will expire.

The rest of your refund (minus any TurboTax fees) will be loaded on the same Turbo Card as your Refund Advance, typically within 21 days from IRS acceptance.

Additional information: 

View solution in original post

9 Replies
HelenaC

Once the IRS accepts your e-filed return and if you are eligible and approved for Refund Advance (a 0% APR loan with $0 loan fees) and the Turbo Prepaid Visa Card, you’ll be able to start spending online, typically within 48 hours of the IRS accepting your return.

After you’ve been approved for Refund Advance, we’ll email you instructions to set up your Turbo Card account. Once your account is set up, you’ll get temporary account details you can use to spend your refund advance funds online. We’ll also send you a physical Turbo Card in the mail. It should arrive within 5-10 business days. You can use your Turbo Card anywhere Visa is accepted in the U.S.

Note: Once you activate your physical Turbo Card, your temporary account information will expire.

The rest of your refund (minus any TurboTax fees) will be loaded on the same Turbo Card as your Refund Advance, typically within 21 days from IRS acceptance.

Additional information: 

I was accepted today by IRS my status is on my he where’s my refund website on first bar I was told I was approved for RAL by a TT rep but it hasn’t appeared on my account I have a temp card number already.

Did you ever figure out what happened? I am in the same situation. Said I was approved and I set up the account but no money yet.

TiffanyL
Intuit Alumni

If you are talking about the Refund Advance and you were approved for both the Advance and the Turbo Visa Debit Card, you'll get your Refund Advance typically within 1 hour of the IRS accepting your e-filed tax return. When your Refund Advance funds are ready you'll receive an email with a virtual Turbo® Visa® Debit Card that you can use to make purchases online. You can use the link provided below for any further assistance with the Refund Advance:

Refund Advance

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

I was approved for the $250 RAL on Friday. I set up the online card as soon as I was able, and I still have yet to see any $$. I have tried to find a number to call that will allow me to speak to a human being, but I can’t seem to find one. I’m wondering why they even bother to offer a RAL if they aren’t going to follow through with it?

SForrestLO
Intuit Alumni

This Turbo Tax FAQ will provide more information. Click on Why haven't I received my Refund Advance after 1 hour? About receiving your Refund Advance https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/7066857

Guttagurlz6
Returning Member

When do I get my loan that I applied on Friday

KatrinaLO
Intuit Alumni

The loan advance will not disappear. You will be able to get the money as soon as your tax return has been processed. 

Please see the information provided below for more information:

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/refunds/help/about-the-refund-advance-temporary-card/00/27511

I have found the answer to my question. Apparently, when they tell you that you qualify and have been approved......that isn’t really the case. I “electronically signed” all of the documents and everything. Today, when I finally got to talk to someone, I was told that my RAL was denied. No explanation as to why I was given a specific amount and “approved,” and then later denied, but not informed. Very disappointing. Especially when the money was needed. I will not be using Turbo Tax again. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies