Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

What does "Your tax return is still being processed. A refund date will be provided when available." Exactly mean?

Same I filed a year late on a tax return , filed at the eNd of March2019  it’s already November 2019 and still says processing 

never received any letter stating anything whatsoever :(

What does "Your tax return is still being processed. A refund date will be provided when available." Exactly mean?

@Mijami91015 wrote:

I  filed my 2017 in 2018 pretty much a year late , filed on March 25th in July it finally showed on their page (still processing) it’s now November 24th and status hasn’t changed . 

Call the IRS: 1-800-829-1040 hours 7 AM - 7 PM local time Monday-Friday
When calling the IRS do NOT choose the first option re: "Refund", or it will send you to an automated phone line.
So after first choosing your language, then do NOT choose Option 1 (refund info). Choose option 2 for "personal income tax" instead.
Then press 1 for "form, tax history, or payment".
Then press 3 "for all other questions."
Then press 2 "for all other questions."
- When it asks you to enter your SSN or EIN to access your account information, don't enter anything.
- After it asks twice, you will get another menu.
Then press 2 for personal or individual tax questions.
It should then transfer you to an agent.
Or you can contact your local IRS office. See this IRS website for local IRS offices - http://www.irs.gov/uac/Contact-Your-Local-IRS-Office-1 or call 1-844-545-5640 to set up an appointment
Or you may want to contact a Taxpayer Advocate in your area. See this IRS website for Taxpayer Advocate in your area and a toll free number - http://www.irs.gov/Advocate/Local-Taxpayer-Advocate

Jmoreno1

Mine is still processing and it is DECEMBER 11, 2019. Anyone else ?

@Jmoreno1 Did you read the response that is directly above your own post in this thread?

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**
Ksb189
Returning Member

Why haven’t I gotten approved by the IRS I filed last week the 22nd of January and people i know that filed like yesterday got there taxes back how long would it be from them to switch from receive to approval 

BrandiLO
Intuit Alumni

The IRS estimates that most refunds will be sent within three weeks after your e-filed returns are accepted. Many refunds will come sooner. You can check the status of your refund by going to www.irs.gov/refunds. For more information, please click here.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Where's My Refund was updated this morning to say: 

Your tax return is still being processed.

A refund date will be provided when available.

The usual progress bar was no longer visible. I called the IRS immediately and was told that there didn't appear to be any problem and that my refund should still be sent within the 21 day period. I assume that the agent I spoke with would have any information relating to a potential problem. I encourage Where's My Refund, TurboTax, or at least the IRS on their website as to clarify what triggers this change in status. I'm sure this would alleviate a lot of anxiety. There seems to be a lot of speculation online about the cause (i.e. ID problems, EIC, healthcare information, etc). Like others there was nothing special about my return. My thoughts and prayers go out to all who are in a similar situation. I will try to update my situation to help others as I receive more information.

CassLO
Intuit Alumni

If you were showing Tax Topic 152 simply means your return is still in the processing stage and topics and bars disappearing usually means the process is moving along.

The general timeline of e-filed returns is: Transmission > Acceptance > Processing > Approval > Refund.

This is usually pertaining to processing returns claiming EIC, Additional Child Tax Credit and/or ACTC.

During processing, the government reviews your refund. During the review process, they look for math errors on your return (extremely rare in TurboTax) and they also check if you owe back taxes, unpaid child support, or other debts.

If they need to make any corrections, they may offset (reduce) your refund. In some cases, the correction might even increase your refund.

Once that part's done, the government approves your refund, which means it's ready to be deposited or sent.  At that point the IRS site will update with a direct deposit date.

Some 2019 federal refunds are delayed due to the PATH Act

"ChrisVonHoep Level 1"

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Thank you, @CassLO . I didn’t file either of the two forms you mentioned. Where’s My Refund does say Tax Topic 152. So I’m assuming all is well.

Does anyone else notice the fake **bleep**ory going on with these questions and comments from these turbo tax bots 🤖 all asked and answered different questions on January 7, 2019 at around 4:20 pm🤔

Does anyone else notice the fake Q&A going on with these questions and comments from these turbo tax bots 🤖 all asked and answered different questions on January 7, 2019 at around 4:20 pm🤔

Ok why am i still on still being processing and a refund date will be available after i got accepted on the 14th of january

@ 1sharabouie2 wrote:

Ok why am i still on still being processing and a refund date will be available after i got accepted on the 14th of january

Only the IRS can tell you what all they are doing with your return.  I'll tell you how you can speak to them lower in this posting, but there is no point in calling the IRS if you are subject to the following common delay:

By law (PATH Act), the IRS will not begin issuing refunds on tax returns claiming the Earned Income Tax Credit or Additional Child Tax Credit until after February 15. So filers with those credits likely won't get their refunds until late February, or in some cases, early March.

If you do NOT have such credits and are thus not subject to the PATH Act, the IRS says 9 out of 10 filers who efile and choose direct deposit will get their refunds within 21 days.  That still leaves 1 in 10 that takes longer.   Some returns are processed fairly quickly, while others require additional processing due to specific items in the return.  And some are pulled at random for more thorough investigation.

If it has been longer than 21 days since acceptance, and you are not subject to the PATH Act, here's how to reach a live IRS agent to inquire about the delay:

800-829-1040 (7AM-7 PM local time) Monday-Friday

When calling the IRS do not choose the first choice re: "Refund", or it will send you to an automated phone line.

• First choose your language.  Then listen to each menu before making the selection.
  • Then press 2 for "personal income tax".
  • Then press 1 for "form, tax history, or payment".  
  • Then press 3 "for all other questions."
  • Then press 2 "for all other questions." 
  • It may then ask for your SSN, but do not enter it.  Just wait.    It may ask for your SSN a second time, but still do not enter it.
  • Then it will get "tired," and you'll get another menu.  Choose 2 for "personal" then you should be transferred.

I usually use a speakerphone so I can work on something else while waiting.

But i dont have any credits and different people saying different stuff

@ 1sharabouie2 wrote:

But i dont have any credits and different people saying different stuff

Only the IRS will know for sure what all they are doing with your return.    You can try and see if you can get any information from them.  As I outlined above, if it has been processing longer than 21 days, and if you don't have those EIC or ACTC credits, you can phone the IRS to see if you can learn anything about the delay.  

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies