Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

What does this mean?

@MBulo wrote:

I wonder If you received your money from your Amendment 1040X?

If yes, when? Is it a check or is it a direct deposit? 

Yes. I received a check on January 7, 2022 and an explanation of the adjustment later in January. Per Form 1040X instructions, a refund on an amended return cannot be deposited directly into a bank account.

What does this mean?

Great to hear that, thanks for your input. I know it will take time to get my amendment but I'm glad that you shared your journey. 

Have a great day!

What does this mean?

mine for 1040x 2019 received aug 6th. said until recently call number. now when i log in i get "The information you entered does not match our records." and no years show up. i did create id.me account and can 1040 but no 1040x

HeatherPLO
Intuit Alumni

What does this mean?

@Dark_rabbi

We need more information to be able to assist you further.  Where are you getting this error message - Is this on our site or on the IRS site?  Please post here in the thread and someone will reach out with the next steps.  

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

What does this mean?

Oh sorry it's www.irs.gov/wmar/notice

MichelleLO
Intuit Alumni

What does this mean?

The link you provided is not working. Are you trying to track your amended return?  If so, you can check the status of your amended return by visiting the IRS website here and clicking on the blue "Amended Return Status" button. 

@Dark_rabbi

What does this mean?

Yeah that's the link I was talking about. 

What does this mean?

Found my answer, since I moved and recently filled from here the new zip code, it took a time to convert it in the system. Tried again with new code and found again. Been 7 months since 1040x accepted... 6 for the other year. Had to send it in 3 times before they accepted it over the course of 2 months. 

uncswim05

What does this mean?

My 1040X amended return was accepted on June 2nd, 2021. It's coming up on 10 months and it continues to say the same thing: 

"Your amended return was received on June 02, 2021. However, it has not been processed. We apologize for any inconvenience.

Please call [phone number removed], extension 623, between the hours of 7 a.m. and 7 p.m., Monday through Friday. You will need a copy of your amended return." 

Anybody else waiting this long? 

What does this mean?

August 06, 2021. still waiting

SForrestLO
Intuit Alumni

What does this mean?

Please contact the IRS for the status of your amended return, as Turbo Tax will not know. 
How do I contact the Internal Revenue Service (IRS)?

@uncswim05

audreykey
Returning Member

What does this mean?

I have been getting that message for over a year! My 2019 amended return was received March 3, 2021 and it still hasn't been processed.  On January 3, 2022 I was told that it had been assigned to someone.  April 9, 2022 and it still hasn't been processed.  When I filed they weren't allowing electronic amended returns.  Five-Six months later they were allowing 2019 to be amended electronically but it was too late for me because I had already mailed it and I was no longer able to e-file it.  Any suggestions on how I can get my refund?????

audreykey
Returning Member

What does this mean?

I've been waiting for 13 months.  I'm still getting the same message.

MoniqueLO_
Intuit Alumni

What does this mean?

Please see this Help Article for information on how to check the status of an amended return. Also, please see this IRS FAQ for answers to frequently asked questions regarding amended returns. 

@audreykey

What does this mean?

I’m having the same issue with my 2021 amendment? Any suggestions 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies