turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

What do I put in when asked for bank name for bluebird direct deposit?

I want to put my refund on my bluebird card. I have the account and routing number but I'm not sure what to put when asked for the name of the bank?
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

You should have received a direct deposit form that would have the bank name, account and routing numbers when you initially signed up.  If you did not, then you can go to www.bluebird.com and log into your account and pull one up.  However, when looking at their FAQs on how to deposit from tax refund, it shows American Express Centurion Bank as the bank name.

View solution in original post

11 Replies

You should have received a direct deposit form that would have the bank name, account and routing numbers when you initially signed up.  If you did not, then you can go to www.bluebird.com and log into your account and pull one up.  However, when looking at their FAQs on how to deposit from tax refund, it shows American Express Centurion Bank as the bank name.

I have my owe account number I did after I filed my taxes how can I use my account

JeanneLO
Intuit Alumni

@Tammylynn43

Once your return has been accepted (or mailed), it's too late to change direct deposit bank account information or how you will receive your refund. If the info you provided is for a closed or invalid account, the government will just mail you a refund check. The IRS will begin accepting tax returns on February 12, 2021.

• If your return is rejected, open your return in TurboTax and go through the File section again to update your bank account before re-submitting your return with any applicable corrected information.
  • If accepted, you'll get your refund check in the mail or will be direct deposited if you listed a valid bank account or selected the Turbo Visa Debit card when you filed.
**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
nisbd24

What do I put in when asked for Swift code for bluebird direct deposit?

@nisbd24    Not sure what you mean by a "swift" code.   When you are in the FILE section of the TurboTax software you can enter your bank account number and routing number in order to get your refund by direct deposit.  If you enter incorrect banking information the refund will be sent back to the IRS and then the IRS will issue a check to the address on your tax return.

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**
nisbd24

I want to receive money from a foreign country so I need – SWIFT code or IBAN for wires transfer.

The IRS will not DD or wire refunds to foreign accounts ... your ONLY option is a check in the mail if you do not have a US bank account or debit card which allows IRS deposits.

@nisbd24   READ the instructions from Bluebird on DD  from IRS :  https://www.bluebird.com/faqs/money-in/direct-deposit

Are you getting a deposit FROM a foreign country?   Ask your bank for the wire transfer number.   

Good catch ... not an IRS refund but money from a foreign source ... again ask your bank for the info needed. 

UPDATED ANSWER 2022-09-06:

The name of the bank American Express uses for BlueBird accounts is no longer "American Express Centurion Bank". It is now "American Express National Bank." Please see screenshot below from the routing number lookup tool on the ABA website (https://routingnumber.aba.com/).

2022-09-06_20-42-50.png

-MD

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies