Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

thugley

Was the state tax direct deposit?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

12 Replies
CassandraLO
Intuit Alumni

If you selected Direct Deposit on your Federal Tax Return that information will be used for your State Tax Return.

To verify how you are receiving your refund please follow the instructions below.

This information is printed right on your return. 

You can confirm what account your refund is going to by viewing the 1040 Form.  

You will see your bank account information on Lines 20 b,c & d of your Form 1040.

This information can also be found on your TurboTax Electronic Filing Instructions Page.  If you did not print the instruction sheet, please follow these steps to print or view it:

·         Sign back into your TurboTax Account Scroll down to the bottom of the screen and click "Add a State" (You will not be adding a State, this is just a way to get you back into your tax return)

·         Next select "Tax Tools" (left column) and then "Print Center"

·         Select "Print, save, or preview this year's return"

·         Check the box for your State return (this will open further options)

·         Choose to include the "Government and TurboTax worksheets

·         Then click "View or Print Forms"

·         View the "TurboTax Electronic Filing Instructions Page"

I did select direct deposit on Fed Return, but it did not print on my Mich State return.  How do I get it on the State form before I send it?

MichelleLO
Intuit Alumni

To clarify, you selected direct deposit for your state return and when you preview the return the information is blank?

@carshene

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

I  am checking my Michigan Return and see that the direct deposit is now corrected.  Thank You.

Now I have another question. I am checking Mich return and came across Pension Schedule (Form4884) Part 1- 7a. It says I should put in my deceased spouse information and Part 2-8 B should have X. How do I put these in? I have not printed this out yet.

To make sure that Part 2-8 are properly completed, you should first verify your selection in the Retirement and Pension Benefits section of your Michigan State tax return.  Your selection for the Type of retirement and pension benefit is what causes you to ensure that the amounts are correctly not included in taxable income where applicable on Form 4884 to occur.  If you choose Type N,other income subject to Michigan Tax was designated it will not calculate the subtraction 

If your pension is eligible to be subtracted from taxable income pursuant to the MI state income tax guidelines, you would need to choose the applicable type (M, R, G, P or C) next to Type in that screen. 

Here are the steps to verify and/or change your choice for the Type of Retirement and Pension Benefits in Michigan:

• Sign into your account and click Take me to my return
  • Click on State (in left menu column) and select Continue
  • Select Edit next to Michigan under Status of your state returns
  • Select Edit next to your Retirement Income
  • Select Revisit next to Retirement Income and Pension Deduction
  • Select Edit next to the Retirement form under Retirement Income and Pension Summary
  • Verify and/or change your choice next to Type 

@carshene

Thank you,  all my questions were answered.  carshene

Harry Henderson
Returning Member

Why wasn't my state taxes sent in

Harry Henderson
Returning Member

Why my state taxes haven't been processed

@Harry Henderson

Federal and state refunds come from completely separate entities,  There is no rule as to which one will come first or how much time there will be between their arrivals.

STATE RETURN

Make sure your state return was accepted:  https://turbotax.intuit.com/tax-tools/efile-status-lookup/

To track your state refund:    

https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/1899433-how-do-i-track-my-state-refund

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/state-taxes/help/how-do-i-contact-my-state-department-of-revenue/0...

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**
sis10532

i selected direct deposit for both federal and state-state has not been put thru

@sis10532 wrote:

i selected direct deposit for both federal and state-state has not been put thru

Did you e-file your tax return and was it accepted?
Only the IRS and your State control when and if a Federal or State tax refund is Approved and Issued.

You complete your tax return by finishing all 3 Steps in the File section. In Step 3, to e-file your tax return, you must click on the large button labeled "Transmit my returns now".

After completing the File section and e-filing your tax return you will receive two emails from TurboTax. The first email when your tax return was transmitted and the second email when the tax return has either been accepted or rejected.

Note - Once a tax return has been Accepted by the IRS or a State, TurboTax receives no further information concerning the tax return or the status of any tax refund.  Only the taxpayer listed on the tax return can obtain the status of a tax refund or a tax return.

To check the status of an e-filed return, open up your desktop product or log into your TurboTax Online Account. You can find your status within the TurboTax product.
If accepted by the IRS use the federal tax refund website to check the refund status - https://www.irs.gov/refunds

If accepted by the state use this TurboTax support FAQ to check the state tax refund status - https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/1899433-how-do-i-track-my-state-refund

After the tax return has been Accepted by the IRS (meaning only that they received the return) it will be in the Processing mode until the tax refund has been Approved and then an Issue Date will be available on the IRS website.
See this IRS website for federal tax refund FAQ's - https://www.irs.gov/refunds/tax-season-refund-frequently-asked-questions

Yes 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies