Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

WANT TO KNOW HOW LONG TO GET REFUND IF YOU HAVE AN OFFSET (If you owe past due taxes, etc.) Check Here...

Yep pretty much the same boat.
are-yah

WANT TO KNOW HOW LONG TO GET REFUND IF YOU HAVE AN OFFSET (If you owe past due taxes, etc.) Check Here...

I filed on the 15th of feb, but I have an offset with the state of Alabama for like 100 and something , my bar is still at the first step, how long does it take for them to take it and send my refund?

I have an offset for child support and in the state it says my refund was taken for offset but in my fed it still remains on the first bar does anyone know how long it should take to get my refund because I get more back in fed then what my offset is and my date for my fed refund says from now till the 13th of March and it's still on the first bar can anyone help please I'm going crazy trying to find out
GiGi1

I filed federal 1/23 and state 1/27. I have an offset for the Dept of Edu. They took my entire state which I figured they would do and they are taking a small portion of my federal to cover the rest of the balance but when I check WMR all it keeps saying is "we received your return and it is being processed" and has said that since 2/16. Does anyone know when I could maybe expect my federal or some type of update ? How long does this stuff take.

I filed on January 19,2017 and my husband owed $1800.00 which were getting 9000 back but I called IRS yesterday March 2,2017 and they said it was held I guess to take what my husband owed but he said I will receive a letter saying how much they took and what I will get back. But the guy from the IRS said that in his computer I should get my refund march13,2017. I hope this kinda helps
godawgs43

I filed taxes on February 16th 2017 there was an offset of 2900 due to child support my husband owes and wmr says we have 3800 remaining and it was sent to the bank March 1st it's now March 6th and I called my bank and they said they haven't received anything so I called the irs and they said the remaining 3800 was taken too now why would they're tool say one thing and they're system say another?

Thats horrible. Why would the toolbar lie
NovR

My best advice to those filing with people who you already know, money will be offset, is to file separately, married or not. This way only 1 spouse looses all of their refund versus the both of you. I'm waiting to see if NYS will offset money that I owe them, either thorough my federal or state refund. Its only been 6 days since I filed, but seeing these comments has me worried as I plan on taking a trip and wanted the money back by 3 weeks. I guess that's just wishful think now.

I have a question, I owed $5900 in taxes and I was suppose to get back over $7000 thousand this year, and they send me my bill stating you owe $5914.00 for all previous tax years owed and listed on the back of the letter for me to see, and today I get a letter stating they applied my refund $2458.00 to a previous year, which is a LIE. I am holding the letter stating I owed $5914 on March 15th, I was suppose to get back like $8000.00, but it would be $2459 after the IRS took their portion and someone how they took that too, and now I do not owe anyone else, they claimed to have applied it  2007 taxes, which was made out of my total refund of $8000 dollars...I am pissed and I cannot wait to call them tomorrow.
szs15

Alicia White, what happened after you called them???? I'm in the same situation and very upset about how the irs conducts it's practices. The Irs took all of my taxes last year to pay off the prior years taxes, which became $0. This year, they offset my entire refund again and claims that I still owe from the prior tax year. The irs is seriously out here robbing people!!!! I plan on contacting a tax attorney.

I called the offset people And the recording told me that there is no offset for my social but Mr said in only getting 989. Back from 2777 due to IRS.  In confused

Wmr said i owed for something but won't tell me.. Code 201. What's that

Hey guys if I owe student loans but call the offset garnishment hotline and it says there is no offset debts for my social security number does that mean I’ll still get my federal taxes

Same situation ^ I owe a past student loan but the offset number says I have nothing owed for my social security number. I’m supposed to get my refund tomorrow. Should I still be worried?
ee-ea
Level 15

Great info. Thank you for postig it.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies