Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

WANT TO KNOW HOW LONG TO GET REFUND IF YOU HAVE AN OFFSET (If you owe past due taxes, etc.) Check Here...

My refund has been received and is processing
liana1111

WANT TO KNOW HOW LONG TO GET REFUND IF YOU HAVE AN OFFSET (If you owe past due taxes, etc.) Check Here...

Have u got your deposit William? My bars are still same first bar and nothing has happened for 11 days ?

I filed my return on 4/17/16 and one month later received the notice that after the offset I still have a refund of 3000. As of today, 6/23/16, still nothing :(

I also have an offset .. Which went from 5068 to 3963 .. With a Ddd for 7/27/16 .. But that's today and I still haven't received my refund can u help me

I've been through hell and back sending proof waiting to be reviewed and proving my id .. Now I finally get accepted/ approved with a Ddd for today 7/27/16 and nothing posted into my account and no change to my wmr .. It still has two bars it never said sent.. It's telling me to wait until 8/1/16 to take further action .. I also have a tt 201 under my ddd that states that my refund may be reduce even more then it already has because o child support ect did anyone else have to wait after their ddd to receive their refund
HeatherP

Best info I have seen. Thank you.

Thank you so much for sharing that. I couldn't find anything on the topic that was helpful.
edmonf02

Thank you for sharing. It was exactly what I was looking for.
tina480

Thank you because, I'm in a simular situation. I thank you for taking the time to post your information chronically for us.

I filed on January 23 2017 I got the message saying it was accepted and then it changed to no I formation. At this time do to CTC and EIC so it says they can't process until the 15 and I have a offset of $215 does anyone know how long this should all take and how much they will take thanks in advance

SO I have a question for anyone who knows the answer because the US Dept of Education and irs will not give me any answers. According to the tax offset number I have nothing that is offset but I do know that I have two loans that are in default. I have not received a notice from them or the irs stating that any of my taxes will be offset and all of my information is current address phone etc.. but I am leary of filing my taxes yet because I am afraid they will take them and I really need them back at this point after my husband passed away and it left me very financially strained. A few years ago I filed then got a letter stating they were offset AFTER the fact. I was angry to say the least contacted the irs and was told that they could take them and did not have to notify me beforehand. Which is completely frustrating at this point because I have no income, have been unemployed for the last 5 months because my employer gave me two days bereavement after he passed but since I was in training didn't qualify for fmla so they let me go telling me to reapply when I got my life straightened out, so I lost him, my house, my car, and will lose my apartment if my utilities are shut off so I truly need my return right now to get back on my feet. I applied to consolidate my loans but cannot really afford to wait up to 90 days and I really don't want to chance it. Does anyone know or have any advice as to what I should do?

Call the offset number.  If they have no record then they won't take them this year.  That only means the loans that you haven't reported to the IRS yet.    Also, only student loans, back child support or back taxes owed are the only monies allowed to be kept from your return.   If it's just a loan then while they may report you to the credit bureau they can't withhold your taxes.   My advice.  As soon as you can, call the loan companies and set up a payment arrangement to pay off your balance.  Even if your only paying $10 a month as long as your consistent they can not file a claim against you.... hope this helps.....

mistressbrina...the Student Loans.  There is a default number to call and you will have to scan and send a few papers.  File a grievance with them and may have to pay 0 - 5.00 per month for 12-13 months.  Once this is completed, the IRS WILL NOT take any of your return!  You can even ask the representative if your refund will be good to go when later you file.  I mean I did this and wanted to make sure that my Default wouldn't end up taking my taxes.  I don't have the number on me, however just call the Dept. of Education for Student Loans of course and explain the situation.  I am sorry to hear about all of this.  If I am not clear, just ask me.

mistressbrina...btw the grievance and to agreement to get your Student Loan(s) out of default will be solely based on you TAXABLE INCOME.  For others...also not based on any child support you are receiving.  Them student loans I tell ya!

My refund is being offset they already took my state , will my federal be posted to my account the day wmr says it will be
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies