turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Using online, a hateful product. I need to amend ONE LITTLE THING in my schedule c and there is no way to get to that. WTF??? It's one tiny thing and then I can file

I just need to change one little thing in Sch. C.  Why is this so hard
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

Using online, a hateful product. I need to amend ONE LITTLE THING in my schedule c and there is no way to get to that. WTF??? It's one tiny thing and then I can file

It is so hard because you missed the deadline to use online TurboTax.  It is closed forever and now to make even one little change you have to download desktop software to do that.

Online tax preparation and e-filing for 2019 returns is now permanently closed.  You had until midnight on Thursday, October 15, 2020 to finish and attempt to e-file; if your e-file was rejected you had until October 31, 2020 to make corrections and re-file. Now it is too late to use online software or to e-file. If you have any changes/corrections at all to make to your 2019 return, you now have to complete it using desktop software, which you must download to a full PC or Mac  (not to a mobile device).Then you need to print, sign and mail it.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/2559403-how-do-i-finish-a-prior-year-return-that-i-started-in-turb...

If you already paid for your online software you can ask customer support for a download of the desktop software.

They are available from 5 a.m. to 5 p.m. Pacific time Monday-Friday.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/1899263-what-is-the-turbotax-phone-number

If you are getting a refund, there is no penalty for filing late.  If you owe tax due, then file and pay the amount due as shown on the Form 1040, but expect a bill later from the IRS for the penalty and interest you will owe.  Only the IRS will calculate this—TurboTax will not calculate it.

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

View solution in original post

6 Replies

It is so hard because you missed the deadline to use online TurboTax.  It is closed forever and now to make even one little change you have to download desktop software to do that.

Online tax preparation and e-filing for 2019 returns is now permanently closed.  You had until midnight on Thursday, October 15, 2020 to finish and attempt to e-file; if your e-file was rejected you had until October 31, 2020 to make corrections and re-file. Now it is too late to use online software or to e-file. If you have any changes/corrections at all to make to your 2019 return, you now have to complete it using desktop software, which you must download to a full PC or Mac  (not to a mobile device).Then you need to print, sign and mail it.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/2559403-how-do-i-finish-a-prior-year-return-that-i-started-in-turb...

If you already paid for your online software you can ask customer support for a download of the desktop software.

They are available from 5 a.m. to 5 p.m. Pacific time Monday-Friday.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/1899263-what-is-the-turbotax-phone-number

If you are getting a refund, there is no penalty for filing late.  If you owe tax due, then file and pay the amount due as shown on the Form 1040, but expect a bill later from the IRS for the penalty and interest you will owe.  Only the IRS will calculate this—TurboTax will not calculate it.

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

Thank you.  That mooted my question, which was why was the software so useless.  No longer matters, I guess.

Thank you.  I'll try customer support if they don't help I'll use paper.  Pretty absurd but that's on me I guess for using a toy product when a real one was needed.

Try customer support for the download if you paid for the online product already.  Better try today--they will be closed for the long holiday weekend until Monday if you do not get them today.  

And...e-filing is closed --- your return has to be filed by mail.

Thank you for your help.  Customer service lines are down but if efiling is over than it's not too hard for me to just use the IRS forms and mail.  Thank you again for cutting through this!

When you mail a tax return, you need to attach any documents showing tax withheld, such as your W-2’s or any 1099’s.  Use a mailing service that will track it, such as UPS or certified mail so you will know the IRS/state received the return.

Federal and state returns must be in separate envelopes and they are mailed to different addresses.  Read the mailing instructions that print with your tax return carefully so you mail them to the right addresses.

If you are getting a refund, there is not a penalty for filing past the deadline.  If you owe taxes, the interest/penalties will be calculated by the IRS based on how much you owe and when they receive your return and payment. The IRS will bill you for this; it will not be calculated by TurboTax

the IRS website has publications that will give you the mailing address based on your state of residence.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies