turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I had fees from SBTPG removed however my refund expected was $10000 and I only received $30. I called Irs and Treasury no offsets, do they make two direct deposits?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

21 Replies

I had fees from SBTPG removed however my refund expected was $10000 and I only received $30. I called Irs and Treasury no offsets, do they make two direct deposits?

TurboTax does not receive feedback from the IRS regarding money that was offset from your refund.  If you owed back taxes, child support, student loan debt, etc. you will receive a letter of explanation from the IRS in several weeks.  The WMR site will contain a message regarding your offset.  It is also possible that the IRS caught a mistake you made and reduced your refund.

https://www.irs.gov/uac/tax-refund-offsets-pay-unpaid-debts

IRS Treasury Offset Program Call Center at 1-800-304-3107

(Be aware also that your Federal refund and state refund do NOT come together)

Did you choose to have TT fees deducted from your Federal refund?  (Remember that if you did that, you also agreed to an extra refund processing fee of $39.99)

How can I see my TurboTax  fees?   https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/2565973

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

I already called I have no offset and none of the above that you listed to be removed. like I said it tells me that I am expecting 10000 and the received amount is 30. Yet the IRS says there is no issue and so does the Treasury so I don't see where the miscommunication is. Unless they send a test deposit then another one the next business day.

Post back and let us know what happens.
**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

Will do it just seems strange and I have read a lot of complaints about SBTPG so I'm wondering what's going on. I am going to call the IRS again tomorrow and see what they can do.

there is nothing IRS can do. you agreed to this scheme. you need to call the bank and complain a lot. let this be a lesson.

Do you have a number?

The number I have called puts me on hold for an hour or more than just drops the call.

Is it for state?  Federal and state refunds come separately from different places.

No it’s for federal. I don’t get state taxes being a resident of Alaska. But I was supposed to get a direct deposit today but the $30 came the 21st. So I’m trying to see if they do a deposit to make sure you’re account is good before the main one or if there’s a issue with them because many reviews say they have problems.

I never heard of that.

Who was the $30 deposit from?  What is the exact deposit description?

From tax products pe3

I have a similar situation. Has this been resolved?

Was this ever resolved? I have never had problems with TurboTax before but I have a very similar situation.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies