Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

dmcn

The program insists on putting the wrong number for my income and I can't find any way to change it. Can anyone help?

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies
MageeM

The program insists on putting the wrong number for my income and I can't find any way to change it. Can anyone help?

Hi there,

As you may know, the following items can contribute to your income, so you may have a combination of several things on this list that are increasing your income beyond what you were expecting. Do several of the following apply in your situation?

• Income from jobs: forms W-2 for you and your spouse
  • Investment income—various forms 1099 (-INT, -DIV, -B, etc.), K-1s, stock option information
  • Income from state and local income tax refunds and/or unemployment: forms 1099-G
  • Taxable alimony received
  • Business or farming income—profit/loss statement, capital equipment information
  • If you use your home for business—home size, office size, home expenses, office expenses.
  • IRA/pension distributions—forms 1099-R, 8606
  • Rental property income/expense—profit/Loss statement, rental property suspended loss information
  • Social Security benefits—forms SSA-1099
  • Income from sales of property—original cost and cost of improvements, escrow closing statement, cancelled debt information (form 1099-C)
  • Prior year installment sale information—forms 6252, principal and Interest collected during the year, SSN and address of payer
  • Other miscellaneous income—jury duty, gambling winnings, Medical Savings Account (MSA), scholarships, etc.
dmcn

This does not address my problem at all. The program has entered the wrong total, a negative number, and will not allow me to change it. It also won't let me enter the numbers that add up to it, even when I go to "Edit."From what I can tell, you go to Edit and there you can't edit anything. I can't possibly file this return.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies