Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

The IRS says take action tax topic 151 your appeal rights

What does this tax topic 151 your appeal right, If you have questions or need additional information call us and use reference code 1242, what does that mean? What should I do?

I got the same code when i checked my refund online. I don’t owe anything and have the same income and dependents as previous years. Did you have an update on yours? 
Thanks.

MichelleLO
Intuit Alumni

Please see this IRS article for an explanation of Topic No. 151:

Topic No. 151 Your Appeal Rights

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

It is saying too many log in's now, can't log back in. I don't know what is going on, it is a mess! 

EbonyA
Intuit Alumni

@dcscf136 If your login issue is regarding IRS website, then you will need to contact them directly regarding that matter; contact details can be found here.

I know what topic 151 means because it was there on the note and read ot also on IRS website I just want to know if anyone on this thread already have an update on their tax refunds after receiving topic 151 status. Thanks

Any updates for anyone who has received this code?

Nunya123
Returning Member

Mine say the exact same thing!! I got $17 deposited from irs not sure what it is for because my refund was waaayyy more than that! I have been trying to get in contact with the irs all freaking week! I don’t owe anything! Idk what to do anymore!!

That is because they still would send you the taxes you.paid in, they just won't send you the child tax credit until things get verified. It's an audit and soon there will be a letter in the mail asking you to prove dependents. 

SForrestLO
Intuit Alumni

This message means your return is under review for an unknown reason. The IRS will be sending you a letter about this. Please see the IRS website for more information. Topic No. 151 Your Appeal Rights

I got a letter, it was because I claimed the RRC but received the stimulus after I filed it.  The notice said if I agree to the amount that I would not need to respond so I didn't. However when the deposit was not near what they computed I tried calling finally got through 10 hours later and the representative said she could not tell me anymore than that. I checked offsets because I don't owe anything but I wanted to make sure, nothing there. .However and the irs website says still under review and I have not received any more money. 

I received a letter it stated that I had to pay back the RRC that I agree I owe because I claimed it because at the time I filed I did not have it, however I did receive it after I filed so I am in agreeance with that . The letter stated if I agreed no further action required so I didn't  get concerned about it . However last week I only received a small portion of the return so I tried calling all day finally after 10 hours got through and the IRS rep could not tell me anything more. So what do I do? I have never had this happen and I don't understand what else I can do. 

Did you ever get the rest of your refund? Did you get this resolved. I have a similar problem and I have done everything asked of me to resolve it and still nothing :( What is going on?????

Have you resolved this, any updates. I have a similar problem and I have done everything asked of me and still only received a small amount of my refund basically what I paid in and that is all. 

Nunya123
Returning Member

Still nothing for the IRS!! Not even a letter! & still says under review!

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies