turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

ehorman

It has been over a month and I still have not recieved my refund. I had a very simple return. I have never had to wait this long. IRS tracking tool just says processing.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

It has been over a month and I still have not recieved my refund. I had a very simple return. I have never had to wait this long. IRS tracking tool just says processing.

After the tax return has been Accepted by the IRS (meaning only that they received the return) it will be in the Processing mode until the tax refund has been Approved and then a date for Sending will be available on the IRS website.

See this IRS website for federal tax refund FAQ's - https://www.irs.gov/refunds/tax-season-refund-frequently-asked-questions

If over 21 days since being Accepted by the IRS and the tax refund is still Processing you can call the IRS and speak with an IRS agent concerning your tax refund.

Call the IRS:  1-800-829-1040  hours 7 AM - 7 PM local time Monday-Friday

When calling the IRS do NOT choose the first option re: "Refund", or it will send you to an automated phone line.  

So after first choosing your language, then do NOT choose Option 1 (refund info).  Choose option 2 for "personal income tax" instead.

Then press 1 for "form, tax history, or payment".   

Then press 3 "for all other questions."

Then press 2 "for all other questions."  

- When it asks you to enter your SSN or EIN to access your account information, don’t enter anything.  

- After it asks twice, you will get another menu.

Then press 2 for personal or individual tax questions.

It should then transfer you to an agent.

View solution in original post

77 Replies

After the tax return has been Accepted by the IRS (meaning only that they received the return) it will be in the Processing mode until the tax refund has been Approved and then a date for Sending will be available on the IRS website.

See this IRS website for federal tax refund FAQ's - https://www.irs.gov/refunds/tax-season-refund-frequently-asked-questions

If over 21 days since being Accepted by the IRS and the tax refund is still Processing you can call the IRS and speak with an IRS agent concerning your tax refund.

Call the IRS:  1-800-829-1040  hours 7 AM - 7 PM local time Monday-Friday

When calling the IRS do NOT choose the first option re: "Refund", or it will send you to an automated phone line.  

So after first choosing your language, then do NOT choose Option 1 (refund info).  Choose option 2 for "personal income tax" instead.

Then press 1 for "form, tax history, or payment".   

Then press 3 "for all other questions."

Then press 2 "for all other questions."  

- When it asks you to enter your SSN or EIN to access your account information, don’t enter anything.  

- After it asks twice, you will get another menu.

Then press 2 for personal or individual tax questions.

It should then transfer you to an agent.

I have this same issue but was told it’d be released on February 27th due to laws preventing them from releasing them earlier!? Makes no sense to me.

Oh it makes no sense since multiple people claiming the child credit and earned income credit have received their returns already. Not that it matters to you since your tax question wasn’t for this years taxes lol

These promts aren't accurate

I have been processing for a month now still nothing

Still waiting ... anybody else ???

I’m still waiting!! I filed February 24th. My mother told me it will take much longer if it’s over $10,000

This is ridiculous it's been over a month and a half still waiting

I'm literally still waiting since January... What more can I do... Turbo tax says approved irs2go says being processed.

@skottiimayne You may want to contact a Taxpayer Advocate in your area.  See this IRS website for Taxpayer Advocate in your area and a toll free number - <a rel="nofollow" target="_blank" href="http://www.irs.gov/Advocate/Local-Taxpayer-Advocate">http://www.irs.gov/Advocate/Local-Taxpayer-Advo...>

I’ve done mine in January and it’s now june.. i still have no taxes
lupeg62

I never received my state for 106. What happed to it. I owe my city 60.  

lupeuri
Returning Member

Its been since March. I called IRS said Turbo Tax/Intuit is holding my boyfriend Money. You need to contact me or my boyfriend. Please contact me so ee can find out how to get the refund fro you.
Please please contacy me ASAP
trkynk

same here. are you still waiting. What channels have you tried to go through?

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies