Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

It has been over a month and I still have not recieved my refund. I had a very simple return. I have never had to wait this long. IRS tracking tool just says processing.

@lupeuri

Your tax refund was not sent to TurboTax.   TurboTax does not handle your refund at all.

Santa Barbara Tax Products Group, LLC  (SBTPG) is the bank that handles the Refund Processing Service when you choose to have your TurboTax fees deducted from your refund. This option also has an additional charge from the bank that processes the transaction. 

You can contact them SBTPG, toll-free, at 1-877-908-7228 or go to their secure website www.sbtpg.com 

https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/2580357-who-provides-the-refund-processing-service

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**
ChondelLO
Intuit Alumni

It has been over a month and I still have not recieved my refund. I had a very simple return. I have never had to wait this long. IRS tracking tool just says processing.

The IRS issues most refunds in about 21 days, although some returns take more time to review. Please continue to check for updates containing the most up-to-date information using the Where's My Refund? tool at the IRS website.

When will I get my IRS tax refund? - Community

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
Kam8

It has been almost one month I did e-file to bank account and also taxes. What’s taking so long 

AkinaLO
Intuit Alumni

If you have claimed an Earned Income Tax Credit and/or an Additional Child Tax Credit the earliest you can get your refund is late February.   

If it's been longer than 21 days, and you don't have EIC or ACTC, please contact the IRS directly.  

Please refer to the article below.    

What if my IRS refund is taking longer than 21 day    

@Kam8

Hi I’m been trying to get a hold of IRS and TURBO TAX just to get a date on when I will be receiving my tax return. And I also needed to correct some information that was not put right. 

AkinaLO
Intuit Alumni

You will need to amend your return in order to make any corrections. Here's more information on correcting your return.

Amend 2019 return? - Community

The IRS now has your tax return, not TurboTax and they will determine when they can deposit your refund. You can try calling the WMR hotline at 1-800-829-1954 or visit the IRS website. If you don't see anything please reach out to the IRS.

Please refer to the information below to contact the IRS.

Why do some refunds take longer than others?

@Kam8 

have you received it yet??? im in the same boat. My brother got his fed refund back within a week or so and mine has been pending for over a month. Still says processing

maycox123

i requested that my tax return be mailed to < address removed> and was told it would be there 03-05-2020 and have not received it as of this date,could please let me know has the tax return been mailed...

@maycox123 Please do not post your address here.  This is a public website that can be seen by anyone including scammers and identity thieves who would love to contact you and pretend to be from TurboTax.  Return to your post and go up to the little blue dots on the upper right to edit out your personal information.  I am also reporting it to a moderator to remove in case you do not attend to it.

As for mailing your tax return---it is not clear what you want.  TurboTax does not mail your tax return to you, nor does TurboTax mail it to the IRS for you.  If you want to file your return by mail you have to print, sign and mail it in yourself.  If you want a copy of your tax return you have to print it out for yourself at home.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/prior-year-return/help/how-do-i-get-a-copy-of-a-return-i-filed-thi...

If you are asking about your tax REFUND,  you cannot specify what date it will arrive.  You wait for the IRS to send it.

TurboTax does not receive any updates from the IRS. Your ONLY source of information about your refund now is the IRS.

You need your filing status, your Social Security number and the exact amount  (line 20 of your Form 1040) of your federal refund to track your Federal refund:   

https://www.irs.gov/refunds

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**
tsubbert

Thank you, you answered my question.

Frank Porto
Returning Member

Have NOT received my $599. Fed Tax Refund to date.  IRS email said it received the 1040 but is awaiting approval.  Can U HELP????

SForrestLO
Intuit Alumni

@tsubbert

Your welcome. 

Patten720

Seriously if you change or amend it it will be over another month

CassLO
Intuit Alumni

If your return shows processing on the IRS Where’s My Federal Refund? site, during this time, the government reviews your refund. During the review process, they look for math errors on your return (extremely rare in TurboTax) and they also check if you owe back taxes, unpaid child support, or other debts. 

If they need to make any corrections, they may offset (reduce) your refund. In some cases, the correction might even increase your refund.

Once that part's done, the government approves your refund, which means it's ready to be deposited or sent.  At that point the IRS site will update with a direct deposit date. 

The general timeline of e-filed returns is: Transmission > Acceptance > Processing > Approval > Refund.

Continue to monitor your refund on the IRS Where’s My Federal Refund? site for updates. Updates are made daily, usually overnight. You may also download the IRS2Go app to check your Federal refund status.

Please see the link below for more information:

What if my IRS refund is taking longer than 21 days? - TurboTax Support Video

MilesF7
Returning Member

Has anyone received their refund yet? Or a stimulus payment yet? I e-filed on March 6 2020 and mine is still being processed! It's been over a month and I guess I can't receive a stimulus payment until it is done processing. Has anyones refund finished processing and received a stimulus payment?

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies