Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Refund

I had file my taxes for 2019 but they say accepted on 2/4/2019. It's still say still processing. It's been more then the time frame . But got a email from turbo saying charging me $32.10 for processing fee. But yet have not received my tax refund yet. Has anyone had this problem

Refund

Yes. Turbo tax told me they are charging me the full $250 for filling my taxes even thought I opted for it too come out of my return but my return hasn't made it here. And I was accepted on Jan 29

Refund

Yes most of us have and I am calling them tomorrow because it was due to an error on their part for not having the software for a 1095a form.

Refund

I am also experiencing the same thing. I still get a status that refund is processed but no date. It has been more than 21 days. To add  insult to injury, TurboTax informed me that they will bill me for the use of the service. I understand that when the refund is processed but I have not received any funds. I never had problems before but why is IRS not working with Turbo tax and vice versa? Next year I will not be using Turbo Tax but Turbo tax is going to have to wait until I get paid to pay them as agreed upon. I have never been able to reach an IRS agent on the phone. 

Refund

Try entering a different filing status... If you entered Head Of Household, enter Single or something different, (last year I thought I filed HOH, because I always do, and eventually I realized my filing status was single, so I wasn’t able to check WMR at first) or confirm you typed in your social correctly, since it

(xxx-xx-1234) blocks out the first 5 numbers there can easily be a mistake, as well confirm your “federal” refund amount, before any filing, fees etc... If none of this helps, or you’ve already tried all these options, I’d call the IRS hot line, and see what’s going on.
Just tryin to help. Luck to ya’ 

Refund

My processing time line is the exact same as yours... I’m on the same stranded a** boat... Just want to get my money, it’s so frustrating. And by them not giving specifics or anything just makes it more frustrating... With everything going on right now, you’d think the IRS would just put these protocols aside and pay out people’s refunds, and do their little waiting games another season, when America’s business as usual. Anxiety is peaking right now!!! 

Refund

visit 
irs.gov 

click 
Check my refund status 

Brings you to “Wheres My Refund”

Have your Social Sec No.

Filing status (Head Of Household,etc.)

Refund amount (exact amount before filing fees, if any)

Then it will show you your refund status. 

• REFUND • 

ACCEPTED - APPROVED - SENT 

**If you filed a complete and correct tax return, you should expect updates in less than 21 days. If you aren’t claiming additional tax credits it can be processed in around 15 days or less... If there’s any scrutinizing involved, then you’ll be on the “stop and frisk” list like the rest of us who are being harassed by the irs:/ lol just sayn’

Refund

Same! I’m not happy with Turbo Tax either..: They “supposedly” scan the tax filing before it lets you complete and submit, and I assumed that they had my back... But tell me why when I looked over my tax return. Docs last week I caught a couple errors that I’d imagine should of been caught during there “checking on mistakes” proceed. Not only on my return but my fiancé’s as well. I mean; upon importing the w2’s to the return, they have an old address, and it’s not clear at the time of doing the returns that the old address was anywhere in the tax return which for some reason entered (automatically) under the dependents information, and of course it shows the correct / current address as the main filing address. If I’d of known this, I could of corrected it before submitting it to the IRS. Now it’s under dependent audit, and although my fiancé has claimed my kids back and forth throughout the last almost 10 years, no problem! Now because of a simple error that should of been caught and corrected, has brought forth an unexpected and quite frustrating delay. Now, in all honesty WE NEVER KNEW, NOR HAVE WE EVER BEEN TOLD that claiming dependents that aren’t related by blood or by marriage was required, by law. Has it always been that way? Because I sure wished Turbo Tax would clearly specify this in a prompt, when entering dependents, instead it says (NOT IN EXACT WORDS, BUT SOMETHING VERY SIMILAR) They ask these simple questions:

Did your child live with you for more than 6 months YES,

Did you pay more than half of your child dependents living costs in the year YES, Was your dependent enrolled as a full time student 5+ months last year YES,

Can anybody else claiming your dependent on their tax return NO...

Then it says:

CONGRATULATIONS YOU CAN CLAIM SUCH N SUCH TAX CREDITS blah blah blah... For your dependent!!!

WHY DONT THEY PROMPT WITH A WARNING STATING THE IRS TAX LAWS WHICH SPECIFICALLY EXPLAINS WHO A “QUALIFYING” DEPENDENT CAN LEGALLY BE... Every single person I know, or have spoke to, on average have never heard anything about this specific requirement. If we knew this, we wouldn’t have done it this way. It’s kind of important YA THINK? But now because the address discrepancy on the tax return, it hit a snag, which lead to a flag!!! Now it’s retarded!!!
Thanks Turbo Tax! Good Looking OUT!

Refund

Yes, I am having the same issue I filed 2/8/2020 and now I am receiving the bar still processing. Now turbo taxes are trying to debit my account for their fees instead of from my refund but yet no one has been in contact with me to figure out why it is taking so long. If they debit my account they better not take from my refund. I will not be using them again after this year.  

Refund

@Shay138810 wrote:

Yes, I am having the same issue I filed 2/8/2020 and now I am receiving the bar still processing. Now turbo taxes are trying to debit my account for their fees instead of from my refund but yet no one has been in contact with me to figure out why it is taking so long. If they debit my account they better not take from my refund. I will not be using them again after this year.  

Have you ever contacted the IRS?

After the tax return has been Accepted by the IRS (meaning only that they received the return) it will be in the Processing mode until the tax refund has been Approved and then an Issue Date will be available on the IRS website.
See this IRS website for federal tax refund FAQ's - https://www.irs.gov/refunds/tax-season-refund-frequently-asked-questions
If over 21 days since being Accepted by the IRS and the tax refund is still Processing you can call the IRS and speak with an IRS agent concerning your tax refund.
Call the IRS: 1-800-829-1040 hours 7 AM - 7 PM local time Monday-Friday
When calling the IRS do NOT choose the first option re: "Refund", or it will send you to an automated phone line.
So after first choosing your language, then do NOT choose Option 1 (refund info). Choose option 2 for "personal income tax" instead.
Then press 1 for "form, tax history, or payment".
Then press 3 "for all other questions."
Then press 2 "for all other questions."
- When it asks you to enter your SSN or EIN to access your account information, don't enter anything.
- After it asks twice, you will get another menu.
Then press 4 for personal or individual tax questions.
It should then transfer you to an agent.

Refund

Have you contacted the irs and actually spoken to a person?  [phone number removed] ext652 

you may have to be on hold for a while but the earlier you call the shorter the wait time.  They can tell you what the hold up is with your taxes

Refund

I am sorry to hear that you are going through the same thing. Turbo tax gave me a canned response on their Facebook page regarding that debit. They did not acknowledge my concern about that threatening email regarding payment for their services. They wouldn’t let me file under 1040 ez which is free. Nor would they acknowledge that they work together with the IRS not this time. I told the unhelpful representative that it is not my fault that this refund is on hold but I will talk with my bank if that refund doesn’t come soon. I certainly will not use them next year. They are in a hurry to get their money yet we have not got our money first. I will go back to the paper forms rather than deal with TurboTax. 

Refund

I am experiencing the exact same thing this has never happened before but now since I got billed this is unacceptable. I will try to get in contact with Turbo Tax today as I paid for the Max service but yet I am not getting those services. please let me know if you find anything out on your end and vice versa 

Refund

One 800 eight twenty nine O five  Eight 2

ext 652 that is the number since they deleted it the first time

Refund

I contacted a support person from TurboTax. They told me that there is basically nothing they can do regarding changing the date or stop in the payments if my texts are not received before the original date that they gave me that they were to debit my account. I left a phone number to contact the IRS on this feed

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies