turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Received refund from "TPG PRODUCTS SBTPG LLC” today but amount is short by $700

Today I received a direct deposit for my federal refund, but the amount was short by roughly $700. This is after I calculate the amount TurboTax shows they would take on my service order. When I check my filing on the IRS site it shows that I should have received the amount TurboTax has which is not what was deposited. I know there seemed to be issues with this TPG vendor in the past. Anyone else seeing problems with their deposit this year?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

39 Replies

Yes. Mine was 3000 short. I looked up tpg products and it seems like everyone is being robbed

Vanessa A
Expert Alumni

Generally when your refund is that short, it is either due to an error on your return, such as a typo that resulted in too large of a refund or claiming someone that was already claimed by someone else or it is due to an IRS Offset.  The IRS should or will send you a letter explaining why your refund has been reduced.  

The most common reasons are:

• Back due Child Support
  • Federal back due taxes
  • Delinquent Student loans or other federal non tax debts
  • Money owed to a state agency

If you did not yet receive the letter you can call the IRS at 800-829-1040 or call BFS's TOP call center at 800-304-3107 and they will be able to provide you with an answer as to why your refund was reduced.

Reduced Refund

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
jmada91

@Vanessa A , we don’t need your input. We NEED OUR MONEY. I’m 100% sure everyone who’s searched up questions related to the current issue selected the TurboTax fee thinking it was going to only be less than a $100 deductible.

@MShavalier i got the same account name for my Federal Tax Refund in my bank account and was shorted $350 from the original estimate. I swear I only agreed to have the $93 deducted from TurboTax for using their “free” service so I didn’t think anything of it. Very irritating so I’m probably not going to file with them again. What a SCAM.

rtgraham

I checked with IRS and there is no debt that I owe,so where is my $702.78?  How do I get in contact with TPG Products?

@rtgraham wrote:

I checked with IRS and there is no debt that I owe,so where is my $702.78?  How do I get in contact with TPG Products?

Since you mention TPG, I presume you chose to pay your TurboTax fees out of your Federal refund.  I'll tell you how to check with them below.

Another thing to consider is a state refund, if applicable.   So be sure you're not going by a "total refund" figure that included both Fed and State refunds.  For some people the money that is "short" is a state refund that has not yet arrived.

You can log in at SBTPG to see if there is any info on your funds.  To log into their refund lookup tool, choose the "For Taxpayers" portal at:
https://www.sbtpg.com/

Then choose "Check with TPG."

SBTPG has a phone contact page at the following link. It also shows their business hours. 

https://help.sbtpg.com/hc/en-us/articles/230084587-Contact-Information

ee-ea
Level 15

I know that i did my taxes right, and it was still short. Not by $700.00 but still shorter than expected. by a hundred buck. 

@ shadowstorm_2cats wrote:

I know that i did my taxes right, and it was still short. Not by $700.00 but still shorter than expected. by a hundred buck. 

If you chose to pay your TurboTax fees out of the Federal refund, did you account for the TurboTax fees, possible sales tax, and the $40 service fee for that option? ($45 for California filers)

As an example: 

If you used Online Deluxe, then since March 1 the fee for Deluxe would be $59 for Federal plus $40 service fee for the optional "pay out of refund", plus possible sales tax.

Or another possibility:  are you also expecting a state refund that hasn't yet come?

Did you ever get the rest of it

NO. It is not the IRS that has taken extra money. The IRS website confirms the amount of my return, I even owed them some money, which they addressed and SAID they took it out of my return. THEN they listed the amount of money they were going to return to me ($4118) 

I received $3358.

WHAT IS GOING ON???  Who is TPG PRODUCTS SBTPG LLC and why are they STEALING OUR MONEY?

somebody ever there better figure it out before I spend ALL of my free time, telling the world about Turbo tax on tiktok and telling them to NEVER USE Turbotax ever again. I have used turbotax for the last 6 years and never had an issue. but STEAL $760 of MY MONEY and H&R block will process my taxes moving forward. You will never see another penny of mine. Somebody better call me [phone number removed]

I was also robbed. I have no tax debts or fees to account for my missing return. 

They do not provide any answers for people who don’t have tax debts or leans or child support. I chose the free file version so there is no reason for any money to be deducted from my return so basically you’re robbing people. Now tell us when you’re giving our illegally withheld funds back?

I’m with you. How do we get our money back that they illegally withheld?

Where is the rest of my tax refund ?? I need a answer ASAP !!! Your short $292.00 Its mine not your!!

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies