turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I want to cancel my account with the Turbo tax prepaid card account but I can't seem to figure out how.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

48 Replies
DDollar
Expert Alumni

I want to cancel my account with the Turbo tax prepaid card account but I can't seem to figure out how.

You will need to log in to your Turbo Card account to cancel your card.  To log in go to: 

https://www.turboprepaidcard.intuit.com/

This does not allow us to actually cancel the card. When clicking on the link to cancel the card it directs us to the FAQ and tells us to call a number that is an automated system and has no way of canceling the card. I’ve been trying to get ahold of someone or someway to close this account out with no luck.

DonnaLO
Expert Alumni

TurboTax does not have access to your account for the Turbo Prepaid Visa Card issued by Green Dot.

All questions concerning the TurboTax Prepaid Visa card from Green Dot, or your account with them,  should be directed to their customer service.  Find more information at https://turbodebitcard.intuit.com/contact-us

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

I dont not want my stimulus check put on my turbo card.

KrisD15
Employee Tax Expert

The only advice I have is that you change your banking information with the IRS if the payment has not yet been made through "Get My Payment" which should be active April 17th. 

Meanwhile, you can contact the Turbo Card help desk: 

TurboTax Card

IRS Get My Payment

I need to cancel turbo tax card n order a new one

KatrinaLO
Intuit Alumni

To receive a replacement card, you can call the Turbo Tax Prepaid Card Customer Service at: (888) 285-4169.   

Please see the TurboTax FAQ below for more information on the Turbo Card.

https://turbodebitcard.intuit.com/help-faq-s

Alyx0416

I dont have old card number I just need a new card

CarissaM
Intuit Alumni

For any assistance with your Turbo Prepaid Visa, please click here to contact customer service. 

It's a total scam!!  I never authorized a TurboTax card and now my stimulus money is stuck on it because I can only transfer it to another Green-whatever account.  And of course I'm going to be charged a monthly fee for a card I never asked for or authorized.  This is a total scam!  I would like to know immediately how to get MY money out.

richgolf6

How do I cancel my Turbo debit card.

Sesh1893

They passing the buck back to you. I called them, they say they can't help. 

Green Dot / Turbo Tax Card is set up (seemingly) to be impossible to cancel. I cannot get a live person on the phone, yet there is no automated option on the site/phone to cancel the card. I have been trying for a month.

I have also contacted Turbo Tax and requested help and all they do is give the automated number - so I have made Turbo Tax aware that this is a unacceptable - starting to look like unfair trade practice, aka SCAM - and if they do not act to rectify this (regardless of "Green Dot handles that") - the optics are they are complicit.

I urge anyone that is having this problem to file a complaint with the Federal Trade Commission:

https://www.ftc.gov/faq/consumer-protection/submit-consumer-complaint-ftc

I have been trying since March 2 to cancel - I am not a stupid or inept person - shouldn't be this complicated. Now I have a $4.95 charge and about to get another one... Yes it is only 5 bucks... But that is exactly what they are hoping we will all say. Ridiculous. I urge you to file a federal complaint (takes 2 minutes) and urge everyone you know having the similar problem to do so. 

Green Dot / Turbo Tax Card is set up (seemingly) to be impossible to cancel. I cannot get a live person on the phone, yet there is no automated option on the site/phone to cancel the card. I have been trying for a month.

I have also contacted Turbo Tax and requested help and all they do is give the automated number - so I have made Turbo Tax aware that this is a unacceptable - starting to look like unfair trade practice, aka SCAM - and if they do not act to rectify this (regardless of "Green Dot handles that") - the optics are they are complicit.

I urge anyone that is having this problem to file a complaint with the Federal Trade Commission:

https://www.ftc.gov/faq/consumer-protection/submit-consumer-complaint-ftc

I have been trying since March 2 to cancel - I am not a stupid or inept person - shouldn't be this complicated. Now I have a $4.95 charge and about to get another one... Yes it is only 5 bucks... But that is exactly what they are hoping we will all say. Ridiculous. I urge you to file a federal complaint (takes 2 minutes) and urge everyone you know having the similar problem to do so. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies