turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Cancel my order for audit defense

I was trying to file and accidentally hit the audit defense number and there is no way to cancel it.  I would like to file and do not want this and it's going to charge me.  You would thing you would have a way to cancel.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

9 Replies
AkinaLO
Intuit Alumni

You can remove Audit Defense as long as you have not already paid for it. You can remove it by removing Max Benefits. Please refer to the instructions below to remove Max Benefits. https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/4842224

If that does not work, please contact customer support. Refer to the instructions to contact customer support.
https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/1899263 

But if you still require assistance, you can contact them at (800) 446-8848.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
Isabella7294
Returning Member

I do not want audit defense but I was charged for it and I cannot get help - a live person - to remove it. I do not need audit defense.

CarissaM
Intuit Alumni

We are unable to cancel and provide a refund here in this public forum. Please follow the instructions here to contact us by phone. @Isabella7294

Isabella7294
Returning Member

I can't reach a live person for help. I received a link via email, but it wasn't helpful. I am so angry right now. 

Isabella7294
Returning Member

Hi, No one has responded to me. The link isn't helpful. How do I reach a live person through the phone number. I can't seem to do that. TurboTax is stealing my money. I do not need Audit Defense and I was forced to buy it. That's stealing. I want to know how to reach a live person to fox this or I will start calling the headquarters, new channels and anyone who will listen. I'll post on Facebook too. I want my money back for the Audit Defense.

TiffanyL
Intuit Alumni

You can reach out to TurboTax customer support by using the FAQ link provided below:

TurboTax customer support

You can check out our TurboTax Satisfaction Guaranteed refund policy by checking out the FAQ link provided below. If you still need to request a refund, you can do so by filling out the TurboTax Refund Request Form:

Our TurboTax Satisfaction Guaranteed refund policy

@Isabella7294

Isabella7294
Returning Member

The refund form does not allow me to receive a refund for the audit defense.  It would allow me to cancel the tax returns I filed. I do not want to do that. I will try the phone number again tomorrow. I was not able to reach a live person on Friday. If I am unable to talk to a love person and get this resolved, I will file complaints with the appropriate authorities.

Not the way I like to do things and especially when I have no issues with your tax preparation products. However, I will state it again - I DO NOT NEED OR WANT AUDIT DEFENSE. I want my $44 back. Tell me how to talk to a live person to resolve this issue.

MichelleLO
Intuit Alumni

When reaching out to TurboTax Customer Support for assistance requesting a refund for a product, use the keywords billing issues to get you to the right person. 

@Isabella7294

Isabella7294
Returning Member

Hi Michelle, that's what I did initially - said "Billing Issues." However, I did not reach a live person. Rather, an automated system send me a link. The instructions did not make sense. I called back and got the same automated system. Using terms like "live person," "agent," "representative," etc. did not work either. No one seems to be able to help. This is beyond ridiculous!

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies