turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Tax Year Prior to 2020: Will the stimulus check come to the green dot bank card if that’s what we have used for tax refunds... it shows a routing number and checking number on 21 a,b for this bank

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

18 Replies
KarenM90
Intuit Alumni

Tax Year Prior to 2020: Will the stimulus check come to the green dot bank card if that’s what we have used for tax refunds... it shows a routing number and checking number on 21 a,b for this bank

We don't know yet.

We are still waiting for IRS guidance regarding updating or providing direct deposit information for the stimulus payments and how they will be distributed to these type of accounts. We will have more information once the government finalizes the details.
In the meantime, you can visit the following links for the most recent updates:IRS Coronavirus Tax ReliefTurboTax Corona Virus Tax Center Updates"

If you filed a 2018 or 2019 tax return without bank information your check will be mailed.  Based on information we recently received IRS is currently working on a link to check on the status of your stimulus payment. 

If you have not filed a 2018 or 2019 tax return because you were not required to file, you can use this link to register for the Stimulus Payment:  Register for a Stimulus Check.

[Edited KarenM90 4.11.2020 11:05 am]

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Hope this helps9B2EB9B6-BC7F-494E-87D0-7C8A27A07E5D.png

KrisD15
Expert Alumni

@turtlebear11

Here is the latest statement we received:

“The IRS is sending stimulus payments to eligible taxpayers who filed a tax return in either 2019 or 2018 and chose direct deposit, and is depositing some stimulus payments onto prepaid debit cards for filers that chose to receive their refund through that method.

For the majority of prepaid debit card holders there is nothing more to do as the stimulus payment will be deposited to their account. If your customer no longer has access to their debit card, we encourage them to visit https://turbodebitcard.intuit.com

The IRS is launching “Get My Payment” where you can track your stimulus payment as well as update banking information if your payment has not yet been issued.

It is slated to be active next week by April 17th.

IRS Get My Payment

If you don’t have to file a tax return, you can register with the IRS as a non-filer:

IRS non-filer link

Maine Chloe
Returning Member

How do we give our Account and Rounting to the IRS?

Go the irs.gov and click on "get info on economic payments", scroll down to "get my payment", you can put in the information they ask for and it will let you know if they have your bank info or not. I got my payment on the turbo tax card this year and the system told me that they didn't have my bank account information so I had to enter it all in. They will ask for you AGI and refund amount to confirm it is you and then it will let you update your bank account information. I wish they would have opened this earlier because I was under the impression that it would go on my card but I guess the TT employees who commented that were incorrect.

Is the card  app down?? Because I cannot get the app to login or work. Says technical issues when I do

CatinaT1
Employee Tax Expert

Due to unprecedented traffic you may experience some delays on the site or phone line. We know everyone is anxious to get their stimulus money and we appreciate your patience.   

They took our money fast enough & now we are on our own -  

I will recommend to every one who listens “ STAY AWAY FROM TURBO TAX & GREEN DOT - 

they bear no responsibility for anything after they have taken your money. 
I have called both customer service lines. Both have no answer except tell you to call the other side - I.E. turbo says “ call green dot “ & green dot says “ call turbo “ ... 

Trump would love this company ! 

No - 

the IRS does not recognize Green Dot . 
we been scammed - 

you will have to enter the information on the website & maybe get your payment by May 30th if your lucky . 
don’t count on green dot ( they won’t answer the phone - they know what has happened ) or turbo tax ( they send you to green dot as once turbo tax takes your money they bear no responsibility for this situation at all . Expect no help from either company at this time - of course when tax time comes again they will kiss your butt to get your money again . Best I can say - avoid them at all cost . Or it will cost you . 

No sorry.

so - if you took the advance loan & fees associated with it no you will get a check in May at the earliest. 
I can’t answer for HR Block & other cards but this answer is for the Santa Barbara Tax Group & Associative cards . 
this is why no one can get a real person in customer service calls . 
this is why they won’t give a straight answer to no one . 
they already know the answer & they are trying to figure out how to pass the blame to the IRS. 
Easier way for them is to be honest but that’s not in their mission statement or ideology. 
Wealth flows to wealth . Money likes money. 
The people who took these advances needed them the most & Turbo Tax group preys on the needy.  The ones now who have to wait till May or June due to Turbo Tax’s greed are the most needy and will suffer the most . Not the suits or the employees of Turbo Tax group . Remember this next February . They hope your need is greater than your memory .

Don’t expect truth or help here .
Watch the other statements to find a kernel of truth . You’ll see. 

Do your research & see . 

GForrest

My stimulus check went to the green dot bank card that I no longer had. I requested a new card, as mine was lost. I received the new card, but no funds transferred over to it. HELP.....

Yes

@Californialove69 

You posted only "yes" to a thread that is months old.  Are you trying to ask a question of your own?

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**
Maine Chloe
Returning Member

I don't know who you is or who you are but you came into my room today and you hacked into my cell phone and you changed all of the information on my TurboTax thing so FYI I'm just letting you know that the police will be contacted ASAP and you will be going to jail I do have all of your information so thank you once again you have hacked into my phone and this is wrong so someone from TurboTax please call me at [phone number removed]

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies