turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

bbell1102
Returning Member

Why was my refund advance denied. I met all of the qualifications.

Yeah I rechecked it too, and it said it was depositing into this account - and gave my bank acct info. I'm hoping the email about the card was just a auto msg. I don't care if I get that card, I'll just shred it, I just don't want my money going into some random acct on there that charges fee's up the ass for everything.

I'm going through the same exact scenario. I wonder if your state taxes are supposed to go to this card because mine went to my bank account. Hopefully the email we just got a few days before our DDD is a genetic email. Never again! 

I didn't get my email until yesterday. 

Suz111111

I got my email 2/24 about this stupid card and my refund was supposed to be deposited today 2/26 to my bank account. According to the bank they do not see any pending deposits. So now I’m on hold trying to see what is going on with this Turbo card. 

DaraLO
Intuit Alumni

If you applied for a refund advance and were denied, you will still receive your refund on a Turbo Visa Debit Card.  For any questions or issues you are experiencing related to the card, please contact customer support.  You will find the contact number listed in the following TurboTax FAQ:  When will I receive my Turbo® Visa® Debit Card? - Community

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
Brainey90

But I want it to go into my bank account not the turbo tax card. What do I do? 

ChondelLO
Intuit Alumni

If your e-filed return is rejected you'll be able to change the refund method to direct deposit. If it's accepted, however, you won't be able to. For more information and to learn the exception to this, please click the link below.

How do I change my refund method? - TurboTax

Tolesjk

I qualified for the advancement last year but not this year? And I made more money and don’t owe money on anything. 🙄

KatrinaLO
Intuit Alumni

Unfortunately, if you were not approved, you did not meet the qualification criteria for the Refund Advance. First Century Bank will send you an email explaining why you weren’t eligible for the Refund Advance. If you didn't pre-qualify for Refund Advance, it may be because you owed money to your state, your refund was not $500 or more, or you have outstanding student loans or current tax liens. 

Please see below for more information:

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/refunds/help/about-the-refund-advance-application-process/00/25557

haha they're all trying to get you to give one of them credit for the answer. They act like bots, but they're really not. lol

Amommy
Returning Member

That’s a lie I qualified under every possible aspect and they still denied me I don’t owe and I qualified… I think the advance is just a scam to get u to file with them … won’t be using turbo tax again i usually get an advance when I file in person and that’s how I will do it from now on … my friends wanted to use them because of what they were offering but I will be telling them not to lesson learned I don’t know one person who actually qualified… straight scam…

Amommy
Returning Member

Cause it’s a scam to get u to file with then nobody I know got it will definitely put the word out super scam should have went to a tax preparer 

Amommy
Returning Member

Why it’s all fraud… just admit U scammed them

Amommy
Returning Member

LIES

Amommy
Returning Member

Nobody qualifies 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies