turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

EbonyL122824
Intuit Alumni

Why hasnt my taxes been accepted?

It can take anywhere from a few hours to 3 weeks to update. Until the IRS starts processing it on their own, you may not find record of it or the website may say that you have put in incorrect information when tracking your federal refund. As your return moves through the system, the status of it will be updated accordingly. Continue checking the Where’s My Federal Refund?  tool for updates. Updates are made daily, usually overnight. You may also download the IRS2Go app to check your Federal refund status.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/return-status/help/what-does-pending-mean/00/26331

Note: The IRS expects to issue most refunds in less than 21 business days after being accepted. Taxpayers who claim the Earned Income Tax Credit (EITC) or the Additional Child Tax Credit (ACTC) will experience a refund hold and a delay in processing.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
KatrinaLO
Intuit Alumni

TurboTax updates what stage your return is in and the IRS site updates when you can expect your refund:

• E-filing status is what stage of the process your return is in.
  • Refund status is when you can expect you refund. 

Once your tax return has been submitted, the most up to date information will come from the IRS.

It can take anywhere from a few days to 3 weeks to update. Until the IRS starts processing it. 

Continue checking the Where’s My Federal Refund?  tool for updates. 

See the video in this link for a really good explanation of the process: 

https://www.refundschedule.com/irs-wheres-refund-status-bars-disappeared/

Please see the information below on dates and more information about refunds. Returns filed with the CTC tax credit may take a little longer to process:

https://www.cpapracticeadvisor.com/tax-compliance/news/21123770/chart-shows-estimated-irs-income-tax...

timebase

The program won"t let me efile. Says I need to update. I followed the instructions on how to do this but all I get is the same I need to update.

TerukoL
Intuit Alumni

When attempting to e-file a return in the TurboTax for Windows CD/Download software, this message appears:

There is an update available for your version of TurboTax. Before you can file electronically, you’ll need to get this update. To do this, go to the Online menu and select Check for Updates. However, after updating, the same message continues to reappear, resulting in an endless loop.

Please click "There is an update available for your version of TurboTax" loop when e-filing (Windows) to learn more.

tc1949

I filed W2's recently and haven't received an acceptance yet.  Why not?

Carlostorres94
Returning Member

Also me taken me a long time I file the 10th February and nothing yet

AshleyLO
Intuit Alumni

Don't worry if your return hasn't been accepted just yet by the IRS. It could still be going through the initial inspection which can take several days. For more information, see:  https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/return-status/help/what-does-pending-mean/00/26331

BrandiLO
Intuit Alumni

The status should update in approximately 24-48 hours but it sometimes could be longe. Unfortunately, TurboTax has no control over how long the IRS takes to accept a return. For more information on a "pending" return status, please click here. The IRS estimates that most refunds will be sent within three weeks after your e-filed returns are accepted. Many refunds will come sooner. You can check the status of your refund by going to www.irs.gov/refunds. For more information, please click here.

I am having the same problem. It's been 5 days. Never had this problem with other sites

TiffanyL
Intuit Alumni

After January, e-filed returns generally sit in Pending status for 24-48 hours, but the IRS does have a backlog of returns to go through. Sometimes state returns stay in Pending for several days or even longer. I would give it some time and continue checking back on your e-file status using the link provided below:

How do I check my e-file status

joc1952

I do not know where know put the aig can u help?

Carlostorres94
Returning Member

I file been 96 hours haven't been approved yet ? Help please 

It has been 5 days. My son's went through within a couple hours????

Tamekalb33
Returning Member

What’s the problem 

TerukoL
Intuit Alumni

Your return will stay in Pending status until the IRS finishes processing the backlog of returns.

After January, e-filed returns generally sit in Pending status for 24–48 hours before coming back as either Accepted or Rejected. Sometimes returns stay in Pending for several days or even longer. 

Unfortunately, TurboTax has no control over how long the IRS takes to accept a return.

Please click the TurboTax Help link, listed below, to learn more.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/return-status/help/what-does-pending-mean/00/26331

Please click the IRS FAQ, listed below, to learn more. 

https://www.irs.gov/refunds/tax-season-refund-frequently-asked-questions

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies