Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Attend our Ask the Experts event about Extension Filers on Sept 25! >> RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Why does my tax return say $0 in my federal and state tax return. I think I made a mistake and I file my last years and the year prior but I did it by mistake

I file my last year's taxes but I accidentally file my taxes that I had I already did how can I fix that?
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies

Why does my tax return say $0 in my federal and state tax return. I think I made a mistake and I file my last years and the year prior but I did it by mistake

Can you explain exactly what happened?

Please provide some more details explaining ---in order--exactly what you did.   It is impossible to e-file a past year tax return, so you do not have to worry that you accidentally filed last year or the year before ---that simply cannot be done.  The current online software can only be used to prepare a 2023 return, and only a 2023 return can be e-filed.

We cannot see your screen or your tax return.  Did you prepare a 2023 return?  Look at it and see if it says 2023 in the upper left corner.  Then look to see what it says on line 35a or line 37.

PREVIEW 1040

https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/1901539-how-do-i-preview-my-turbotax-online-return-before-filing

Click on Tax Tools on the left side of the screen. Click on Tools. Click on View Tax Summary. Click on Preview my 1040 on the left side of the screen.

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies