Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Why does my federal refund still say processing and it’s been over two months?

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

15 Replies

https://turbotax.intuit.com/tax-tools/efile-status-lookup/

TurboTax gives you an estimated date for receiving your refund based on a 21 day average from your date of acceptance, but it can take longer.

Once your federal return has been accepted by the IRS, only the IRS has any control. TurboTax does not receive any updates from the IRS. Your ONLY source of information about your refund now is the IRS.

You need your filing status, your Social Security number and the exact amount  (line 20 of your Form 1040) of your federal refund to track your Federal refund:   

https://www.irs.gov/refunds

To track your state refund:    

https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/1899433-how-do-i-track-my-state-refund

On the IRS site you are also offered the use of an app called IRS2Go

https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/1901548-why-do-some-refunds-take-longer-than-others

If you chose to have your TurboTax fees deducted from your federal refund, that will take some extra time, while the third party bank handles the refund processing.

https://www.irs.gov/refunds/tax-season-refund-frequently-asked-questions

https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/2840013-does-accepted-mean-my-refund-is-approved

https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/2724106-my-return-is-accepted-but-still-not-approved-is-there-a-pr...

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

It’s been 2 months for me as well and Turbo Tax paid themselves on 4/3/2020 from my bank account, even though they were to get paid from my refund. I hope they don’t pay themselves again. The Where’s My Refund says the same thing all the time, nothing is updated and there’s no way of getting help or information. 

I've checked on the IRS where's my refund several times over the past month, and get the same answer, "We have received your tax return and it is being processed."  I filed electronically and direct deposit.    It says if it's been more than 21 days for direct deposit to call.  Calling the [phone number removed] number, the prompts take you to the same thing as the web page - Where's my refund, and get the same answer.  I have not found a number or anyway to communicate to the IRS.  It's been over 2 months since filing and confirmation my taxes were accepted from the IRS.  In the past, I receive a refund in a matter of days.  How can I find out why its taking so long, and when I'll get my refund?  The IRS webpage and phone prompts are designed that you can never get hold of a real person.  Very frustrated

Because of Covid-19.  See this IRS page for the latest information

https://www.irs.gov/newsroom/irs-operations-during-covid-19-mission-critical-functions-continue

christie4024
Returning Member

Its been 36 days I have not recieved my taxes my refund says still processing. And turbotax sent email saying saying they will débit 32.00 FROM my Account. Does this mean my taxes Will be deposited??

HeatherPLO
Intuit Alumni

It can take 21 days from the time your return is accepted to the time you receive your refund.  It may also take longer due to other reasons, such as the particular forms that were filed, or due to the PATH Act.  For more details, please see the Help Article here.   

To check your e-filing status and/or track your refund, please see the link here.  

The IRS is also operating at mission-critical functions due to the COVID-19 pandemic, which means there will be service delays with the following:

• Live phone support
  • Processing tax returns filed on paper
  • Answering mail from taxpayers
  • Reviewing tax returns, even for returns filed electronically

For more information, please see this article issued by the IRS.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Two months today.  And no way to talk to anyone about it?  I know people who filed two weeks before me, and a month after me, and they have received theirs.  The interesting part about this is - I filed through TurboTax on Feb 19.  My son filed on Feb 21 through H & R Block.  They are in the same situation, no refund yet, "still processing", though we both used two different online tax services - it looks like there's  "black hole" period there, where returns have been swallowed.

JotikaT2
Employee Tax Expert

You will need to wait until the IRS completes its process.  They will notify you if they make any changes or will just take a bit longer to process your return if they agree with everything reported on your tax return.  

Please see the links below for additional information if you were getting a refund, or how you can view the latest changes to your account with the IRS.

Why is my refund taking longer to process

View your tax account with the IRS

@BoosiesMom

Thanks for the canned reply.  Nothing of value or informative in that.

DawnC
Expert Alumni

Only the IRS can answer your question.  We do not process tax refunds and the IRS does not share that information with us.   There are many many reasons your tax return is taking longer than normal to process.  @BoosiesMom

Oh Lord!  I think I've wound up in the Turbo Tax version of Robo Calls!  Where do I press 1 for no more canned answers? 

Same here I e filed April 5 2k21 added direct deposit and just recieved my IL state April 26 2k21by randomly  checking my card.Talk to a rep I was told error was made but she did not see what error but everything looked okay on here end Me:🤦. then rep turn around asked did i e file or mailed. I stated e file she then stated wait 10 weeks or keep checking.In my head i'm saying this insane.This was à week ago.so today in calling again 😌

My son filed through H&R, he got the same answer, same length of time, and I know people who filed before and after us that have received their refunds. It’s just an effing iRS black hole.  Never in all my 40 plus years of filing have I seen anything like this and it will never get any better

My income tax was accepted February 12th and still haven't received anything. I normally don't file but I didn't get my second stimulus so I filed and was getting the $600 back but not a thing!! E filed and direct deposit I did get the third stimulus late but I know they had a glitch with Social Security etc. It's crazy!

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies