turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

wheres my refund?

so i submited my taxes via turbo ,have direct deposit set up which i have done for the past 5 years or so  same bank acount since i was 19. iam now 30 .turbo said it would be here by the 9th. it wasnt but then said it was deposited on the 18(of june) which it was not. after hours of looking around i found hwere they deposited it was not my routing or bank number also the numbers they had werent even enough numbers to be a bank acount or routing number, hence its just siting in limbo, ive tried contacting the irs,turbo,intuit so many times and they all just circumnavigate and there isnt a single actual person to talk to . i need help

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

4 Replies

wheres my refund?

First----the date you are given by TurboTax is only an estimated date.   It is not a promise since TurboTax has no control over the time it takes the IRS to process your return and issue your refund. 

And you are mentioning dates that have not yet occurred.   Today is only June 3.   You mention June 18. 

If you chose to have your TurboTax fees deducted from your federal refund then it goes first to the third party bank (which is the routing number and account you are seeing) and then that bank sends the rest of the refund to you.

What is Refund Processing Service?

Your tax refund was not sent to TurboTax.   TurboTax does not handle your refund at all.

Santa Barbara Tax Products Group, LLC  (SBTPG) is the bank that handles the Refund Processing Service when you choose to have your TurboTax fees deducted from your refund. This option also has an additional charge from the bank that processes the transaction. 

You can contact them SBTPG, toll-free, at 1-877-908-7228 or go to their secure website www.sbtpg.com 

https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/2580357-who-provides-the-refund-processing-service

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/refunds/help/who-provides-pay-with-my-refund/00/26410

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

wheres my refund?

thats my fault but it was acepted april 28 and was due by may 9th and said it was deposited on the 19 of may. youre corect it is june now. after spending hours trying to just talk to anyone at turbotax and the irs and intuit it apears i dont have a real person to talk to. the money has ben deposited into an acount that doesnt even have enough numbers in it to be an acount. turbo has basicaly told me to **bleep** of and the irs wil not talk to me.  so thanks for teling me what i already knew smart guy

wheres my refund?

Did you have the Turbo Tax fees deducted from your refund?  Then it goes through a 3rd party bank to take the fees out.  It's probably stuck there.  You need to contact the SBTPG bank listed above.

wheres my refund?

@airoberts702  wrote:

so thanks for teling me what i already knew smart guy

No one trying to help you in the user forum can know what you already know or don't know.   I wouldn't discourage folks from trying to help you, however, or you will be successful in doing so.   You should encourage all the responses you can get, and you can simply ignore what you don't need.

"doesn't even have enough numbers in it to be an account."

One size does not fit all.  Account numbers can have a small number of digits or a lengthy number, depending on the bank.  But you may have already known that.

Here are some possible causes for a deposit going to a completely unknown bank routing number and account number:

1.  Some people who used a paid product choose to pay their TurboTax fees out of their Federal refund, which involves a third-party bank in the chain of events.   And the IRS uses the routing and account number at the third-party bank.  That usually uses a Green Dot bank or an affiliated bank.  That process is handled by a company SBTPG, and if you used that service to pay any fees, the contact info for SBTPG was provided in a comment above.   If you used them, SBTPG also has a refund lookup tool on their website at the link provided in the earlier comment.
    NOTE:  If you used Free Edition and had NO fees (no PLUS or anything), then this would not apply to you.
  2.  Some people choose to get their refunds into a new Credit Karma Money Spend Account and Credit Karma Visa Debit Card.    If a filer chose that option, that uses MVB bank and thus the routing number for MVB Bank.   Some users have said they ended up with that Credit Karma account without realizing it.
  3.  User input error; i.e., typo.   If a wrong bank account is entered, and the deposit is refused by a bank, the funds should go back to the IRS, who would issue a check in the mail.
  4.  Less commonly, it can end up in one's brokerage cash account (if applicable), which uses an underlying bank account for their cash deposits.

If you know the routing number it went to, then you can use a search engine to find out the name of the bank that belongs to.   If you tell us the name of the bank, it might be a clue in knowing what happened to your refund. This is a public Internet forum, so do NOT post the routing number and account number in this public forum.

You said you had difficulty trying to reach someone at the IRS.  The IRS is not easy to reach.   I have found that for me it was best to call just before closing time--about 6:50-6:55 PM and go through the steps below.  I figured a lot of folks would not call that close to closing, and that if I was one of the last to get into the queue, they would finish off all the people who were in the queue at closing time.   I still had to wait about 25-30 minutes.   

IRS:  800-829-1040 (7AM-7 PM local time) Monday-Friday

When calling the IRS do not choose the first choice re: "Refund", or it will send you to an automated phone line.

• First choose your language.  Then listen to each menu before making the selection.
  • Then press 2 for "personal income tax".
  • Then press 1 for "form, tax history, or payment".  
  • Then press 3 "for all other questions."
  • Then press 2 "for all other questions." 
  • It may then ask for your SSN, but do not enter it.  Just wait.    If it asks for SSN a second time, still do not enter it.
  • Then it will get "tired", and you'll get another menu.  Choose 2 for "personal".
  • Then in the next menu choose 4 for "all other inquiries", and it should transfer you to an agent but expect a long wait.
  • I usually use a speakerphone so I can work on something else while waiting.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies