Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Ask the Experts All About the W-4! >> Event happening TOMORROW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

When will I receive my refund? I filed February11,2020 with an injured spouse form they said it would take up to 11 weeks, time is up!! Can I please get it thank you!!!

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

11 Replies

When will I receive my refund? I filed February11,2020 with an injured spouse form they said it would take up to 11 weeks, time is up!! Can I please get it thank you!!!

This is not the Internal Revenue Service.

Lol obviously I know that... I just figured maybe someone will see the post that works for them or anyone for that matter that could assist, since the IRS is so wrapped up in sending stimulus checks to dead people and wrong accounts and all that other mess. I just would like my refund 😁

Waiting is frustrating—refunds are taking longer in many cases.  These are not normal times.  It is not possible for TurboTax to speed up the IRS for you.  It seems to be taking longer than usual for them to process returns.  They are short staffed; and they are processing millions of tax returns at the same time that they have been burdened with the task of processing millions of stimulus checks.  The IRS is not taking calls right now.

https://turbotax.intuit.com/tax-tools/efile-status-lookup/

TurboTax gives you an estimated date for receiving your refund based on a 21 day average from your date of acceptance, but it can take longer.

Once your federal return has been accepted by the IRS, only the IRS has any control. TurboTax does not receive any updates from the IRS. Your ONLY source of information about your refund now is the IRS.

You need your filing status, your Social Security number and the exact amount  (line 20 of your Form 1040) of your federal refund to track your Federal refund:   

https://www.irs.gov/refunds

To track your state refund:    

https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/1899433-how-do-i-track-my-state-refund

On the IRS site you are also offered the use of an app called IRS2Go

https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/1901548-why-do-some-refunds-take-longer-than-others

If you chose to have your TurboTax fees deducted from your federal refund, that will take some extra time, while the third party bank handles the refund processing.

https://www.irs.gov/refunds/tax-season-refund-frequently-asked-questions

https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/2840013-does-accepted-mean-my-refund-is-approved

https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/2724106-my-return-is-accepted-but-still-not-approved-is-there-a-pr...

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

Thank you!!! I've checked my IRS APP it's said the same thing for almost two months, it hasn't changed yet. It states that it's still being processed and a date will be available soon.... 

THK

Did you finally get it? How long did it take. 
Playing the waiting game here too! Ugh. 

JotikaT2
Employee Tax Expert

It depends.

Typically, the injured spouse form can take up to 14 weeks to process.  

Injured spouse processing time

However, the IRS has been taking longer to process everything with the stimulus payments and limited operations due to Covid-19.  Therefore, everything has just been taking longer to process in general.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
Jigant0r

I have also been waiting. I filed a dependant as well. It's so frustrating that I filed in February and am STILL waiting. I am a full-time father and I could really use my return (lost a month of income due to being laid off)...

Have you received your refund yet?  I am in the exact same boat.  We must have file on the same night shooting to hit the 4/15 date even thought it was extended.  I contacted the IRS and they told me my injured spouse claim was just processed on 7/8 and it should only be another 3 weeks to receive my refund.  Call [phone number removed] to get status.  You can get a live agent for a change.  Please have all of your tax information ready including your W-2 to verify your identity.  Hope this helps.  Stay healthy and safe!

<phone number removed>

Anything that required human interactions was delayed for 3 months due to the covid shut down ... add 3 months to the normal 11 - 14 week time frame. 

Also, my stimulus check was offset by Child Support.  Even though I am entitled to my portion of the economic stimulus, I am told that the IRS has not manual work around to correct this even though an injured spouse claim in on file for 2018 and 2019 and the guidance that they are giving now is that if the issue is not resolved by year end, you will be able to claim a stimulus rebate on your 2020 taxes due to non-receipt.  Not exactly what I want to hear, but just passing along the details.  

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies