Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

What does "Your tax return is still being processed. A refund date will be provided when available." Exactly mean?

My stimulus is pending in my bank account and it’s not based on 2020 returns cuz I have a new baby. So frustrating just tells me my return still processing and not approved. 

HB88
Level 5

What does "Your tax return is still being processed. A refund date will be provided when available." Exactly mean?

This is the last time i use Turbotax. I tried to give them the benefit of doubt when they fumbled the California debacle and failed to provide a clear and concise communication to us until some of us contacted the CEO and other VP's for them to take notice and finally take action. If it is not the miss information by these so called experts its the silence on turbotax part. Zero excuses for this.

Now with this Fed issue, turbotax refusing to provide proof taxes were actually electronically sent to the IRS servers. I've had enough and I'm no longer defending this company and their leadership.

For early filers there is a number of issues all of which will cause delays and two of the scenarios are related directly to Turbotax and their lack of transparency. The gall of the office of the president rep to tell me to contact a tax advisory group which has No purview into the way Turbotax handles the returns or the IRS is downright shameful.

The early filers for Fed are impacted in two way directly related to Turbotax. The Fed form was updated and one of the fields expected input from the user which was not required during early filing. The second issue is if Turbotax in fact did transmit the returns to the IRS. When tax transcripts indicate no return was received the email from turbotax does not absolve them until the provide proof in the form of server logs it was in fact transmitted completely. 

Lack of transparency and the miss information by these forum "experts" turbotax hires has only exacerbated the problem and they will lose customers in the future as a result!!!

I will never use Turbotax again this is fact. Not only did the price for the software increase drastically,

but I found out after talking to the IRS that the issue is with my Audit Protection I paid for as well. 

The IRS told me that Turbotax should have sent me a letter already indicating that they were withholding my 

Federal Tax submission to the IRS because of some additional questions that I needed to submit to provide

further verification for my tax return. I HAVE ZERO CLUE WHAT THIS IS ABOUT since I received a message from Turbotax that my return was submitted successfully, with zero errors and approved by the IRS on Feb 10.
I didn't even intend to purchase the audit protection plan but I missed it, as I was submitting my federal return which is my mistake I guess. So I pay for the software, pay for filing electronically another 45-50 bucks for audit protection don't recall the exact amount and all for nothing.  Here is my scenario that I am still waiting on... As a side note my father who submitted using Turbotax is having the same exactly issue. First year I have had this many problems.
Anyways this is my recent post below:

**Previous post**

I just wanted to give an update to my situation.

I submitted my Federal Return electronically on Jan 25th, accepted by IRS on Feb 10th.

For about five days the IRS website "wheres my refund" tool showed the status bar processing, after 7 days

the status bar disappeared replaced with the message "Your tax return is still being processed. A refund date will be provided when available."

I followed some advice on this site, created a IRS account and viewed my 2020 transcript. 

IRS 2020 status shows "refund has not been received".

I contacted the IRS this morning and found out the reason for the delay could be a computer glitch

but most likely is being held up by: TurboTax Audit Defense program which should have sent a letter out to me with a few additional steps to identify identify online and get the return processed.

After verifying some addtional info, the IRS agent said she would mail a letter to me which will be received in the next 5-10 days. The letter will steps I have to do online on the IRS site to complete my verifrication after that, I should be all set and the return will move to processing right away and will get a exact return date to expect my refund. IRS lady also noted that if I have any issues with the steps online there is a unique number they provide on the letter to contact IRS verification as well. Hope that helps anyone here.

If you signed up for the Turbotax Defense option would highly recommend checking into this scenario..

HB88
Level 5

This is appalling and disgusting.

This is the exact reason why Turbotax and their leadership cannot be trusted.

When the rep from the office of the president states multiple times that when Turbotax send an email stating your return was submitted successfully and there is nothing more they can do and refuse to provide tangible proof other than a generic email than you hear about this it further reinforces the lack of accountability and transparency on their part.

An email from turbotax stating your tax has been filed means Nothing!

I would not be surprised if this leads to some class action lawsuit when the dust settles and the IRS continues to contradict the information turbotax provides further implicating the incompetence at turbotax.

So now what do we do? Just wait? 😫

HB88
Level 5

When they get slapped with a lawsuit you will hear something. Until than it will be crickets on their end as they come up with every excuse in the book to not help anyone.

Does anyone have any idea per the number of TT currently in Tax refund limbo? It would be nice for TT to at least act like they give a hoot about their customers. 

I think everyone who has a delayed refund needs to read this article https://www.washingtonpost.com/business/2021/03/12/irs-tax-refund-delays/ . The article if true indicates that the IRS has sent over 7 million returns to error resolution to buy time.

@Kandyrob I’m in the exact situation. How do we go about getting the 1400 for new baby. I would like that and my tax return but it’s seeming like it’ll never happen

You may have to wait for the stimulus on the baby but you'll get it when you file next year.  I know it's hard waiting for all that.  I can empathize...  I just got last years after I filed this years and then I got this years the same day.  One was a check and the other was sent to the bank.  But you will get it too... it takes patience and diligence something we all run short of.  Now I'm waiting for the stimulus also.  I have not gotten that yet. 

Good luck to you...  

I did not file Turbo Tax this year and already got mine back...

So now I not only get no tax return but also these idiots at the IRS sent my 3rd stimulus to an old bank account. How is it that the IRS has my new address but same old bank information when all was updated by me when I filled this year? I have yet to receive one stinking stimulus because the folks over there cant get things right. 

Hi Summer, 

I believe that's an audit. I had to do that for a while for my child then it abruptly stopped. It isn't normal for a them to ask your to verify your info for your own child, unless there has been a discrepancy in your files (could be any number of things) It is taking a long time for (2020) to be updated though. 

HB88
Level 5

This is going to anger some people ever more but you should at least know. Because of this Turbotax issue with early filters and potential error due to updated forms, or hold up at the IRS if they really did transmit the return which we know their email stating they did means nothing now and they refuse to provide logs it was in fact transmitted. Your third Stimulus payment will also be impacted and delayed.

I just check my parents return and they have received both the 1st and 2nd stimulus but now that their return is in limbo no thanks to turbotax &/or IRS. They will not be receiving their 3rd stimulus payment anytime soon. A family member who did not file with turbotax already got their 3rd stimulus payment.

I really do hope someone sues the hell out of turbotax for the principal at this point.

Payment Status - Not Available

We are unable to provide the status of your payment right now because:

We don't have enough information yet (we're working on this)

If that turns out the indeed be the case, then they definitely have some explaining to do because I paid for my taxes to be filed. It was not free for me and I definitely would want answers 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies