Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

What does "Your tax return is still being processed. A refund date will be provided when available." Exactly mean?

Last year turbo tax took they money before I even got my refund 👀

What does "Your tax return is still being processed. A refund date will be provided when available." Exactly mean?

I’m kinda sad. I really needed my refund. I been on maternity leave it’s just sad

I understand I hope that there’s an update for you soon Kandy. 

Wait what's going n with Turbo Tax? is there some kind of problem with them this year ? I filed last year & I didn't get my 2019 return til the beginning of March 2021 . & I filed early this year & was told I should have my refund by 3/11/21 - Nothing as of yet... 

Still want to blame TurboTax?  Read on:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/taxes/the-irs-is-behind-in-processing-nearly-7-million-tax-returns-s...

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**
HB88
Level 5

You clearly did not read the previous posts.

Yes it is Turbotax fault when they claim your taxes have been sent when in fact they have Not!

Do you also want to absolve turbotax and blame the irs for the form issue with Turbotax early filers for those who live in California?

Turbotax dropped the ball in more than one way. You coming here to defend them isn't giving you any credibility when you ignore the facts prior.

Here is my take on the situation:

1.  If you just buy the software for submission - TurboTax is really just a tool to fill out the tax form and submit electronically.    You type in data and import some data that has a TurboTax link.      Once you submit and the IRS accepts - TurboTax is out of the loop - so I don't fault them.

2.  If you buy Audit Defense or any extra services - then yes - TurboTax has some responsibility to work with you .

3.  In my case - after 3 weeks - return showed Still Processing.   I called IRS and my return was selected for Taxpayer Verification through the Protection Program and I had a form 5071C being mailed to me.   IRS has increased verification auditing with all the fraudulent returns that are submitted by criminals.    This has nothing to do with TurboTax as I know of people getting these forms - when tax form submitted by an CPA - nothing to do with TurboTax.    Could be random - but selecting a refund as opposed to applying to next years taxes could maybe trigger as well.

4.  Some people here are reporting delays with buying TurboTax audit defense - could be a trigger - just not sure.    And some are reporting a delay in stimulus money - likely because their identification verification needs to be completed first .   Again - I do not have any experience here.

5.   Received Form from IRS and did verification online.   Contacted IRS today and the indication is that my refund could be delayed up to 9 weeks but likely less.    The situation is - once your return if flagged for identification verification - you return goes in to manual mode at that point and you are removed from electronic processing.   Your return is queued for someone to look at it and then release the refund, which could take up to 9 weeks.     

6.  Net here - this is not a TurboTax issue.   The IRS has put in measures to help prevent fraud and there is nothing you can do about it.   It is here to help - but causes delays in processing.     No one really wants to get tagged but again - no way to know.

7.  Just be patient and wait until you hear from IRS after 3 weeks.  You can call IRS to get status.     You might want to apply refund to next year - again just my take on it. 

I called the IRS and was able to speak to a representative about the status of my return. The female representative indicated that the return was still processing and in a hold phase that required a minor fix on the irs side. She indicated that the return should move to being fully processed once the fix was applied. She indicated that the status of the return in the tool should change in a few days(4 to be exact). She also briefly looked at the actual return forms and indicated that the only issue might be the Recovery Rebate credit on line 30. There seems to be some general confusion per the eligibility and calculation. She was of the opinion that line 30 was for only those who received the first and or second stimulus and meet the eligibility for the credit. Based on what I read per the rebate, I do not think that Turbo Tax made an error.  I do believe that the irs software is applying additionally scrutiny to returns with the rebate.  I plan to call back in a couple days if there is no status change in the tool. See below taken from the irs website.

DO NOT file an amended tax return if you entered an incorrect amount for the 2020 Recovery Rebate Credit on your tax return. If you entered an amount on line 30 but made a mistake in calculating the amount, the IRS will calculate the correct amount of the 2020 Recovery Rebate Credit, make the correction to your tax return and continue processing your return. If a correction is needed, there may be a slight delay in processing your return and the IRS will send you a notice explaining any change made

Thank you so much. When I spoke to a rep she said something along the lines of an error that needed to be fixed and there’s nothing I can do so thank you for that 

So, I haven't spoken to anyone and there hasn't been any movement on "where's my refund" my last stimulus was on hold because of outdated bank info. I hadn't done anything about it since I knew I had to wait to file my taxes. Taxes filed, no update except still processing but when I checked stimulus payment info my bank info had been updated so they are doing something over there. They're making some type of movement. 

Randy - your post by far is the most accurate of all the situations for Federal Return being delayed 

with your tax return is still processing.

IRS lady I spoke to the other day said she was going to send me a letter in the mail in the next 5-15 business days with a IRS link to login so I can answer a few more questions to further identify my identity to

which afterwards the return will be moved from processing to show payment expected date. 
I'm never did receive the first or second stimulus package myself. I wonder how they are going to adjust for the 3rd stimulus which I guess is another matter....

I will keep everyone updated in the next few weeks. 

dwains35

I keep seeing a lot of folks saying they spoke to someone can you guys please say what number u called plus what options did u choose because every option I chose keep saying they can't help me because of high call volumes. Then it hangs up and I will call right back to choose another option and get the same message I really need some help

Someone else posted the below which I was able to use per speaking to a live agent. Hopefully it also works for you.

Call the IRS: [phone number removed] hours 7 AM - 7 PM local time Monday-Friday
When calling the IRS do NOT choose the first option re: "Refund", or it will send you to an automated phone line.
So after first choosing your language, then do NOT choose Option 1 (refund info). Choose option 2 for "personal income tax" instead.
Then press 1 for "form, tax history, or payment".
Then press 3 "for all other questions."
Then press 2 "for all other questions."
- When it asks you to enter your SSN or EIN to access your account information, don't enter anything.
- After it asks twice, you will get another menu.

Press 2 for personal or individual tax questions.
Then press 4 for all other inquiries
It should then transfer you to an agent.

Just a heads up. I did not use Turbo tax this year and I also have the still being processed issue. I used eztaxreturn... This should all but confirm it's something on IRS end and not a turbo tax "glitch"

If you do a search on Google right now, there are multiple articles saying the are really behind. 7 million returns behind. I think that's what is going on here, no glitch, just them severely behind. 

Once again I didn't use the Turbo Tax website this year and I am experiencing the same as others in this thread. I hope this helps some. All we can do is be patient it seems. 

Well with me it was Turbo Tax.  They didn't include a form and my taxes went in incomplete last year.  I ended up filing an amended tax return and I waited 7 months for the rest.  I used Liberty tax service this year and already got my refund so I would beg to differ.  Yes, the IRS is behind still from last year.  I never had problems until last year... but this year was great again, like clockwork.  Good luck to everyone.  Now i'm waiting for the stimulus.  

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies