Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

EbonyA
Intuit Alumni

What does "Your tax return is still being processed. A refund date will be provided when available." Exactly mean?

The IRS is experiencing delays in general due to the ongoing effects of the pandemic. Additionally, although the IRS provides a guideline of 21 days to release most refunds, some refunds take longer to process based on various reasons including certain credits claimed. The FAQ below serves as a reference:

Why do some refunds take longer than others?

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

What does "Your tax return is still being processed. A refund date will be provided when available." Exactly mean?

Dont need the negative comment was juat asking a simple question its been over a month and ive never waited past 21 days recieved no letter saying anything was wrong and cant get a live personon the phone 

I have been waiting and waiting and the irs.gov site sais my tax return is still being processed. Its starting to become very frustrating because i file with turbo tax every year and i know its correct. 

When do I receive my FIRST covid 19 check for $1,200?  I have received the $1400 and the $600 but STILL have not received my first check of $1200.  When will I receive this payment?

It does not mean there is something wrong with your return. Sometimes it takes the IRS longer time to work on the returns. Unfortunately, there is no way on our side to speed up the process. 

SForrestLO
Intuit Alumni

@annette marie manha

What do I need to do to get my stimulus payment? Stimulus Information

Recovery Rebate Credit | Internal Revenue Service (irs.gov)

I got my 3rd stimulus but still no federal refund. Hopefully I will get it soon.

Most returns are processed within three weeks, Unfortunately, delayed refunds are quite common right now due to IRS department closures and staffing issues. Just keep checking Where's My Refund.

Absolutely because the IRS workforce was cut by something on the lines of 20% which is equivalent to 22,000 workers. That will definitely cause delays in processing tax returns because of not enough people and with the added task of implementing the new tax laws and disbursement of a third round of stimulus checks that was passed in the beginning of March.

If anyone in this thread gets their refund please let us know! It gives us hope! 

KatrinaLO
Intuit Alumni

There are a lot of delays for federal refunds this year. The IRS is working overtime to get stimulus payments sent out to you and process your tax returns. Per the IRS website IRS Operations During COVID-19: Mission-critical functions continue: Please visit here and see all services that have slowed down or been delayed due to Covid-19.

Once your tax return has been submitted, the most up to date information will come from the IRS. The IRS releases most refunds within 21 calendar days after the e-filed return has been accepted (received), not 21 days from the e-filing date. 

What number did you call for the irs 

[phone number removed] but u wont get through they say they are ooen 7a.m to 7p.m but i call at 7.01 every morning and they have a msg saying due to heavy call volume we can nit take your call at this time

You can call [phone number removed] or [phone number removed] or [phone number removed] extension 652. You have to keep calling, that’s what I had to do because you will get through just keep calling them repeatedly.

ChondelLO
Intuit Alumni

@Felischap Please visit the TurboTax Help article below for information on how to contact the Internal Revenue Service.

How do I contact the Internal Revenue Service (IRS...

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies