turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

CassLO
Intuit Alumni

What does "Your tax return is still being processed. A refund date will be provided when available." Exactly mean?

@Sljefferies If the Where’s My Federal Refund? site shows your tax return is processing, during this time the government reviews your refund. During the review process, they look for math errors on your return (extremely rare in TurboTax) and they also check if you owe back taxes, unpaid child support, or other debts. 

If they need to make any corrections, they may offset (reduce) your refund. In some cases, the correction might even increase your refund.

Once that part's done, the government approves your refund, which means it's ready to be deposited or sent. At that point the IRS site will update with a direct deposit date. 

The general timeline of e-filed returns is: Transmission > Acceptance > Processing > Approval > Refund.

Note: Once your refund status on the IRS shows "Refund Sent" it can take 1 to 5 business days approximately, for the financial institution to deposit fund into your account. 

Please see the links below for more information:

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
Camj310cj

What does "Your tax return is still being processed. A refund date will be provided when available." Exactly mean?

Yes I got my 2017 an2018 then got a letter for 5701c try to call and see what info I need to g them but one pick up in weeks

Did you ever receive your refund after the 60 day? I had the same problem and my 60 days was Monday the 13th. Being whats going on with covid19 the irs dont have live reps. 

files Jan 17th and nothing yet...I feel its due to the IRS fraud check that they do but cant confirm my identity due to IRS on permanent vacation. 

I filed back in feb and got a letter in feb 25 sent letter for 1095A and 8962 on 3/3 /20 I’m still waiting , but the only ones who can help us TAX ADVOCATE

CassLO
Intuit Alumni

@Atwell2018 The IRS says to allow 4-8 weeks to process a return after receiving the 1095-A and Form 8962. If this is putting you into financial hardship, please see this link:Taxpayer Advocate Service

I am seeing the same message for about 10 days now. Its been about a month when I filed my taxes. It seems lot of people are seeing similar message at this time. If there is an issue with the taxes, I would expect a communication from IRS saying why my taxes are delayed. But nothing yet and now I am uncertain when I will get my refund in this difficult time. 

DaraLO
Intuit Alumni

@jcbose  This message means the IRS is still reviewing your tax return and have not yet approved your refund.  You will receive a letter in the mail if the IRS requires any additional information from you to continue processing your return.  If this happens, refer to the following page to get help with your IRS letter:  https://support.turbotax.intuit.com/irs-notice/audit-support/

@DaraLO  Thanks for your comment. I understand that, but what I expect from IRS to communicate (especially when it is past 21 days) with a time limit for this processing so that we will know it will happen by 2 days or 2 months. I wouldn't be worried if I am not getting back a good chunk of money from IRS. 

Thank you , I fill out form 911 and someone did indeed call me . I have to wait on the dept handling my return to come back to work to finish it so it can be sent out .

I filed on 3/14/2020 and it's still saying processing refund date will be available. Why is that with TT 152

ChondelLO
Intuit Alumni

Tax topic 152 just means that your return is still in the processing stage. For more info on tax topic 152 please click the link below.

https://www.irs.gov/taxtopics/tc152

Mine says Turbo Tax caused this **bleep** up! charging me 170 for some out of date government virus ridden software! TurboTax make things right and admit your glitch in online tax filing software!

Nerohunter
Returning Member

Did your return come yet I been waiting 27 days to day and it’s still saying processing I filed & got accepted 3/21 today it the 4/16 

still no refund no child support or children claimed wtf??

Me to I filed March 23 accepted by the IRS next day I efiled 1040 with EIC still no refund or stimulus check

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies