Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

CatinaT1
Expert Alumni

What does "Your tax return is still being processed. A refund date will be provided when available." Exactly mean?

TurboTax does not get any information about refund status. You must check the status yourself using the IRS refund tracking web site: https://www.irs.gov/refunds

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

What does "Your tax return is still being processed. A refund date will be provided when available." Exactly mean?

Is the irs even open do anybody know.

I do not know and have no idea. Tried to call many times but there is no answer. Got a letter dated 03/09/2020 for 60 days review still waiting to see what will happen.

Is there anyone got their return after the CP05 notice?

Thank you guys!

Apparently  they dont! Same thing is here got letter two weeks ago dated 03/09/2020 for 60 days review. Tried calling but nothing, there is only one option is to wait. If you get your refund could you let us know please! Thanks!

The irs website wheres my refund doesnt tell me anything but the same thing it is being processed and a refund date will be available and i tryed calling the irs but they are closed so i dont know what to do.

CassLO
Intuit Alumni

The IRS is still processing tax return but they are currently not taking calls at this time.

IRS Operations During COVID-19: Mission-critical functions continue

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

If you call waitthe phone number where you owe taxes to pay wait  for option 4 you will get a live person go figure

The IRS told me I efiled on March 23 have EIC the lady said they hasn't even looked at mine

No , what I did do was contact an tax advocate and she told me that IRS IS CLOSED , there is no one to talk to and the dept to process our taxes is closed once they open back up it will processed 

I have already done so but I was advised by TAS that the dept that is processing the return is out until further notice 

Oran90
Returning Member

What does it means when ur tax refund states ur taxes is still being processed. A refund date will be available when theres one

@Oran90 wrote:

What does it means when ur tax refund states ur taxes is still being processed. A refund date will be available when theres one

It means the IRS has not finished processing your return.  When they are finished, if the refund is approved, the IRS WMR tool will say it's approved and a refund date will be displayed.

Moreover, there can be additional delay due to the Coronavirus situation and its effect on staffing at the IRS.

@Atwell2018  thanks for the info. It makes sense for lot of these cases where we are seeing the waiting game for a while now. 

You’re welcome 

Is there a number we can call to talk to someone at the IRS or talk to actual person somewhere? I filed 3/23 and received my state 12 days ago. My status on IRS says “your tax return is still being processed” and has for a long time now. Do you have any solution or info regarding this type situation? 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies