Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

What does this mean?

Amended returns only send paper checks ... there is no other option. 

What does this mean?

No additional docs asked. It was a paper check. 

What does this mean?

I am so happy for you! I hope my refund check arrives soon! With Christmas just around the corner, I could sure use this. 

LanaLuxxe

What does this mean?

How long was it from the time you saw the message until the time you received the paper check?

What does this mean?

I submitted my amendment in July and my status just changed to where they are asking me to call extension 623. 

every time I call I get disconnected or told that they are too busy. What do I do? Should I keep trying to call? 

What does this mean?

The phones are overwhelmed right after the holiday weeks ... try again everyday...  first thing in the am ...usually the offices open at 7am your time.  

What does this mean?

I do. And several times during the day. I’ll just keep trying. 

What does this mean?

FYI - I submitted mine in May. According to the online status checker it was received June 8th. At some point my status also changed to the one you're seeing. My experiencing was like this: 

- Mondays/Tuesdays - the automated message will tell me that there are TOO many people calling with that same topic and to call back later or another day. Midweek and on seems to be better.

- The first time I got through to someone was at the beginning of September (after being on hold for 40 mins), they explained that while my amended return had indeed been in their possession for 16+ weeks, they closed down from July to August (something like that) and that my 16 weeks was actually starting when they opened backup. The rep i spoke to told me to call back November 21st if it still hadn't been processed.

- I called November 21st and had the same thing happen; too many callers calling about the same topic so i had to try again the next day...

- When I got through to someone then, they told me that "You're return was handled on September 8th, so that's when the 16 week process time started" and was instructed to call back December 23rd, if it still hadn't been processed. 

Well guess what. It's January 5th and they still haven't processed it. The status online still says to call and I have yet to be able to speak to someone about it. What drives me crazy is how they continue to urge me to check the status online, but online tells me to call. And when i do call, they act like I'm just doing it to be annoying. Anyways, I hope this helps give people an idea of how long you may have to wait - forever.  LOL. I bet my 2020 return will be processed before my 2019 amended return. 

What does this mean?

I got the same msg as you all and I mailed mine in April and they got it May 11, 2020.  And I am still waiting.  I called all times of the day and still can't get through.  How are you supposed to get the info you need when you can't get through.

cydb
Level 2

What does this mean?

They received mine in mid April too and it is almost February. I just need to change my status to independent because the question on TurboTax set me as dependent for some reason. Hopefully I can get all the stimulus payments I missed on my taxes this year before my amended return is finally processed.

What does this mean?

@cydb Amending 2019 to change your dependent status to get stimulus money is a waste of time.

You can use the recovery rebate credit on your 2020 tax return to get the stimulus money as part of your 2020 income tax refund.

The stimulus check is an advance on a credit you can receive on your 2020 tax return.  If something went wrong or you did not get the stimulus check in 2020, you can get it when you file your 2020 return in early 2021

The Recovery Rebate Credit will be found in the Federal Review section,  If you are eligible it will end up on line 30 of your 2020 Form 1040.

https://www.irs.gov/newsroom/economic-impact-payment-information-center-topic-j-reconciling-on-your-...

https://www.irs.gov/coronavirus/coronavirus-tax-relief-and-economic-impact-payments-for-individuals-...

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**
cydb
Level 2

What does this mean?

Well not completely a waste of time in my case because they also owe me additional money in returns since I wasn't a dependent in 2019.

But it's good to know that if I set my filing status this year to independent I'm still eligible to claim the stimulus from last year before they fix the 2019 mistake, since currently I'm not eligible in their system for these payments.

Thanks.

jdg62

What does this mean?

i seem to have the same situation, online it says it was received on 4/20/20 and it is being processed. it told me to call and got through in late october and they said it is likely that it wont be processed until late january. just checked now and it is still not processed. my question is this, trying to do my 2020 taxes and can i do so if my amended return is not processed. i welcome anybodies thoughts

What does this mean?

@jdg62 If the reason you amended was to get stimulus money then you need to use the recovery rebate credit on your 2020 tax return.

The stimulus check is an advance on a credit you can receive on your 2020 tax return.  If something went wrong or you did not get the stimulus check in 2020, you can get it when you file your 2020 return in early 2021

The Recovery Rebate Credit will be found in the FEDERAL REVIEW section. ( you should see "Let's make sure you got the right stimulus amount”)  If you are eligible it will end up on line 30 of your 2020 Form 1040.

Make sure that you enter ALL of the stimulus money received for the 1st ad 2nd stimulus for yourself, your spouse and your children.

https://www.irs.gov/newsroom/economic-impact-payment-information-center-topic-j-reconciling-on-your-...

https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/1901539-how-do-i-preview-my-turbotax-online-return-before-filing

Click on Tax Tools on the left side of the screen. Click on Tools. Click on View Tax Summary. Click on Preview my 1040 on the left side of the screen.

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

What does this mean?

I think I get what you are asking. When I amended my return I owed a substantial amount, but caught my mistake too late. I amended and mine has not been processed yet either. So I think the refund that I get will be taken to start covering what I “owe” according to that original tax return. What I think happens is that when they do process the amendment, they will refund all monies that are owed. Now, I hope that is correct, but I’m also a little wary about filing right now. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies