turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

What does this mean

When I checked on the status of my tax this is the message I received never seen it before.

We have received your tax return and it is being processed. If you filed a complete and accurate tax return, your refund should be issued within 21 days of the received date. However, processing may take longer under certain circumstances. Please check here or visit the Refunds page on IRS.gov, to check on your refund status.

Please read the following information related to your tax situation:
Tax Topic 152, Refund Information

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

18 Replies
TerukoL
Intuit Alumni

What does this mean

Tax Topic 152 simply means that your e-filed return is being processed and that the government hasn't approved or rejected it yet. Sometimes return status does not update for several days or even longer. The IRS issues more than 9 out of 10 refunds in the normal time frame: less than 21 days. However, it’s possible that some tax returns may require further review and could take longer.

Please click Topic No. 152 Refund Information to learn more. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

What does this mean

It means your taxes are still process and will get your refund soon. Most filers with EIC will see their refund this weeks March 8th marks 21 days from February 15th when the IRS started to process taxes with EIC. A lot of ppl are experiencing the no status bar and the same message. 

What does this mean

So if they should be released this week do you think it will change to excepted today and have a deposit by friday..

SForrestLO
Intuit Alumni

What does this mean

@

Danielleretter

Turbo Tax will not have a status on your refund.  Please use this link to track your refund from the IRS. https://www.irs.gov/newsroom/use-the-wheres-my-refund-tool

What does this mean

Hopefully... But my expectations see Monday being the lucky day. If I could predict the outcome, I’d say Saturday it could change to accepted with a potential date that the money will be sent to the bank, being Monday March 8th 2020. Then depending on your financial institution, it could be available 1-3 days thereafter. However, that’s just my opinion. And if it doesn’t, I’m going to call and see when it will. Because it will be 21 days after the IRS began processing all tax return claiming EITC and, or dependent tax credits. Any calls to them prior to, can trigger a set back or delay in the refund process, according to tax analysts, and commentators, as well others who have experienced the like scenario. 

What does this mean

BTW: it’s possible the refunds can change to accepted after midnight tonight and be available by Friday. That would be great! 

What does this mean

Welp that didnt happen for me

KC-1

What does this mean

I had to file a paper return with Turbo Tax and submitted my return in Mid February. I have gotten this same message ever since. It has been over ten weeks and I have no way to get any additional info. The IRS website is of no help, the recording says I can’t speak to a person due to “reduced staffing levels” and Turbo Tax gives me the standard responses that are no help. I’ll be using an accountant next year.

What does this mean

I have received also the same message I filed march 16 and it still says being processed and will let me know whsomethingen available date will be to send my return  like that this is my first year using turbo tax i have always went to H & R Block and never had a problem UNTIL this year it sucks in the time of need also me and my 3 kids don't even get a stimulus check because of who  I chose to love and my kids have to SUFFER for being born part HISPANIC that is not there fault nor mine we are Americans and I pay my taxes my husband does too and working on his status to be here and has never had a ticket and we all have to pay for it I AM SOOOOOO UPSET MAY GOD OPEN THE EYES OF THE PEOPLE THAT HAVE SO MUCH HATERED IN THERE HEART AND LET BE KNOWN AND SEE THAT ALL HISPANIC AREN'T BAD AND DO PAY TAXES AND DO FOLLOW THE LAWS OF THIS COUNTRY AND MAY GOD LET THEM SEE THAT WE LOVE WHO WE LOVE AND AMERICAN'S THAT HAVE SPOUSE'S AND CHILDREN WITH OTHER CULTURES THAT DONT HAVE AN LEGAL STATUES AS OF YET HAVE TO SUFFER FOR IT.I THINK IT IS CRUEL.GOD BLESS YOU ALL I HOPE IS THAT WE CAN GET ALL WORKED OUT.

Bdbrand

What does this mean

@Martina75   march 8 2020 was a sunday so how was it monday last year and monday this year 2021

What does this mean

@Martina75   I’d be interested in what they say come Monday if you do call them 

BillM223
Expert Alumni

What does this mean

Note, Martina75's posts are from last year (2020). If you still have a question, I would encourage you to post it as a new query.

@hjrenninger

@Bdbrand

Bdbrand

What does this mean

@BillM223  Clearly sir it says 2020 but its the march 8th that tweeked me out cause i called irs and 21 days frm feb 13 is the 5th of march but he also said call back by monday if u dnt see nun so im like monday is the 8th so when she said that im like oh my .. how so fyi she made the mistake 

Adam X

What does this mean

Weird thing my Refund was accepted the same day I filed with TT. But when I check the irs refund status it says its still processing is their something wrong with the Turbo Tax  app?

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies