turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

What can I do if I missed to include my Form 1095-A in my income tax?

What number did you fax to? I would like to be proactive rather than wait for a letter. Do we need the letter or can we just fax in the form and the 1095A?

JakailaLO
Intuit Alumni

The ability to amend 2019 will be active on 02/26/2020. Here's the link to assist you with amending a 2019 return: https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/amending/help/how-do-i-amend-my-turbotax-online-return/01/27577#M6...

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

how long did it take you to get your refund after you sent the fax? Did you get a letter confirming refund was processed or did the refund just appear in your account?

I would think you would need a letter. My letter had codes that they wanted attached to the cover sheet, the letter also stated i had to attach a copy of my letter to the fax.  @Trystinsmom 

LindseyLO
Intuit Alumni

@chryst41b To track and get updates on your return as well as any expected deposit dates refer to the source below.

https://turbotax.intuit.com/tax-tools/wheres-my-refund/

@Amanda9090 

How long did it take to get a reply after you sent your fax? I am in the exact same situation, i sent my fax yesterday, talked to the IRS and they said it could be a "fast" as 6 weeks. 

I was accepted 1/21 and Feb 9th received IRS letter to fax 1095A and form 8962 I did on Feb 10th. I looked at my transcripts they were blank. February 21 my transcripts updated but the wage transcript they also have codes 971 and 570. Cycle code is 20200805. still processing too on Where’s my refund. Hoping I update Wednesday! I’m afraid to call the IRS because I don’t like what they’re telling people 

I didn’t get a reply but noticed my transcripts changed two weeks later. But I’m still processing I was accepted Jan 21...

AshleyLO
Intuit Alumni

@Liberty1 You can reach out to the IRS directly concerning your refund, here's how to reach someone: https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/refund-status/help/what-if-my-irs-refund-is-taking-longer-than-21-...

I went ahead and followed the instructions in the letter I received from the IRS and manually filled out a form 8962. I did not want to wait for the amendment option on TurboTax. Do I need to update in TurboTax that this was done? 

@ac20201 

I called the IRS after I sent my fax. I was told to not send a 1040x because the original refund has not been processed and doing so can delay my refund 12 plus weeks vs 6-8 weeks 

DaraLO
Intuit Alumni

@ac20201 If you followed the IRS instructions to correct the issue, you do not need to update in TurboTax.

I called the IRS today and spoke to a nice guy. He told me I did not need To wait for the letter. He gave me the fax number and the information I need to include in the fax and told me to go ahead and fax it or mail it. He did tell me it takes 6 to 9 weeks to process. 

I agree. Turbo Tax never prompted me either.  In fact I had to search for the 1095A form

Would Have been nice to know before hand.  I went to see what the difference would be after I amended my return and it never prompted me that now it was going file , I asked to speak to a representative but after it prompted me for my phone number it  filed the return and never told me what the difference was.  Now I have to wait until everything is processed.  Why e file if this is gong to happen.  Probably last year I will use Turbo Tax.  All the other years, No issues.  This year, price jump and more issues.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies