turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

SH93
Level 2

Turbotax Refund Prepaid Card Problem!

I got an email saying that my refund had been deposited, got the last 4 digits of the card also.

I filed on the 10th, my federal was accepted the same night, and my state was accepted on the 11th. I then got two emails, one on the 17th saying that my funds have deposited to the TurboTax prepaid card, and one on the 18th saying that my refund has been deposited to my "account" and "on it's way soon.

That's great and all but as of today (June 22nd) I have yet to receive my prepaid card and on top of that I called the IRS customer service number today and the automated machine told me that "my funds should be in my bank account by the 23rd" (which is tomorrow and a Sunday btw). Ummm... what bank account? I specifically signed up to receive the TurboTax prepaid card. Please tell me the IRS just says "bank account" but actually means the prepaid card that TurboTax should be sending me?

Can somebody genuinely help me understand what the hell is going on? Mind you this is all just my federal return, I have no idea on how to track my State return which is a good chunk of money.
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

6 Replies

The IRS does not know that the funds are being deposited onto a debit card.  They only know that there is a bank routing number and account number for the tax refund to be direct deposited onto, therefore "your bank account".

For the Turbo Prepaid Visa® Card -

If you have any questions or need assistance with your Turbo Prepaid Visa Card, visit TurboPrepaidCard.com or call toll-free at (888) 285-4169.

For the state tax refund -

Use this TurboTax website to check the status of an e-filed return and if it was either accepted or rejected - https://turbotax.intuit.com/tax-tools/efile-status-lookup/

If accepted by the state use this TurboTax support FAQ to check the state tax refund status - https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/1899433-how-do-i-track-my-state-refund

SH93
Level 2

I called the TurboTax prepaid card number and it's only an automated machine. I was able to check the balance by using my social security number and my money is on there so that's good news.

But I want to actually track my card so I can get a sense of how long till it gets to me. How do I do that?

I lost my card before i got state refunds how can I check it

@Jojotoomey  If you have any questions or need assistance with your Turbo Prepaid Visa Card, visit TurboPrepaidCard.com or call toll-free at (888) 285-4169.

aferrier2
Returning Member

I have been a customer with TurboTax for years. I had my refund put onto my prepaid card this year. Someone broke my information and used my card and took 40 separate transactions for $5 each. No one flagged that or contacted me. I had to call them and wait on hold for over 2 hours to get a live person because the dispute transaction on the website won't work. I finally get someone and they told me they would look into it. I get an email today saying they will NOT be giving my money back. $240 up in smoke. I am beyond upset and I can't get anyone on the phone again. This is unacceptable. 40 transactions to the same place!!!!! What part of that didn't scream fraud???? I will be seeking legal action

@aferrier2 

The Turbo® Visa® Debit Card is provided by Green Dot Corporation and is issued by Green Dot Bank pursuant to a license from Visa U.S.A Inc. Green Dot Corporation is a member service provider for Green Dot Bank, Member FDIC. Visa is a registered trademark of Visa International Service Association. Green Dot Bank operates under the following registered trade names: GoBank, Green Dot Bank and Bonneville Bank. All of these registered trade names are used by, and refer to, a single FDIC-insured bank, Green Dot Bank. Deposits under any of these trade names are deposits with Green Dot Bank and are aggregated for deposit insurance coverage. Green Dot is a registered trademark of Green Dot Corporation.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies