Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Turbo Tax Direct Deposit

I received a refund in my bank account, but I'm not sure if it is for State Taxes or Federal Taxes.  My state "Wheres my refund" status says they aren't releasing funds until 2/15.  My Federal "Wheres my refund" says my funds have been approved, but not sent???

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

8 Replies
AshleyLO
Intuit Alumni

Turbo Tax Direct Deposit

More than likely it is your state refund that has been deposited. Typically, if you look at your recent bank transactions, it will list whether the deposit is from.  Also, keep check on the "Where's My Refund?" tool for your federal refund.

Here's how you would track your state refund: https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/refund-status/help/how-do-i-track-my-state-refund/00/25571

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Turbo Tax Direct Deposit

If the federal "Where's my refund" says I should have my return back by 2/17, when should it be in my account?

Turbo Tax Direct Deposit

That's interesting since the 17th is a holiday; mine says the 17th as well.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Turbo Tax Direct Deposit

The Where's my Refund! tool will let you know when your refund will be sent to your bank. You would need to contact your financial institution to find out when the funds will be available to you, once it has been released to them.

Turbo Tax Direct Deposit

It says "if your refund is not deposited by February 17th, please check back to "Wheres my Refund".  My confusion is that Monday the 17th is a Federal holiday, and the funds are not there today. ???

TiffanyL
Intuit Alumni

Turbo Tax Direct Deposit

You would want to follow the instructions that you are given, and check back at Where's My Refund? site after February 17th. With Monday being a holiday, it is possible it could be deposited after February 17th.

Turbo Tax Direct Deposit

The IRS "Wheres My Refund" says they direct deposited on February 12th.  I have not received it yet.  My bank has not seen it. Would you guys have it now?

DonnaLO
Expert Alumni

Turbo Tax Direct Deposit

Your refund will not be sent to TurboTax.  If the bank rejected the deposit for some reason, like routing or account numbers were incorrect or the name on the refund did not match the name on the account, then the bank will send it back to the IRS and they will issue a paper check which will be mailed to the address provided on the return.

If you choose to have your TurboTax fee taken from your refund, that refund will be handled by Santa Barbara Tax Products Group (SBTPG) A Greendot Bank Company:

Here is information about getting help with your refund that is being handled by Santa Barbara Tax Products Group:

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/refunds/help/who-provides-pay-with-my-refund/00/26410

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies