Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

TPG is holding funds, TT unable to be reached

This is kind of wild that I have to actually post a question in a community forum to get anyone to respond to me from TurboTax. My refund was issued a week ago from the IRS. I have never had any issues getting my money sent direct deposit except for this year. I am not able to reach anyone at TPG, and I’m not able to get a customer service on the phone from TurboTax either. I am ready to contact an attorney and see if maybe somebody else can get through to one of these companies that is fraudulently holding tax return funds. I am not the only one based on the comments in these threads that this has happened to. 

When I go to the TPG website, they can find my account just fine and they tell me that they’ve received my funds from the IRS. But they say that they are holding my funds because they need a drivers license (which I only found out through the telephone message when I’ve tried to call) I’ve not gotten a single notification via email or phone regarding this hold. However when I go login there to that other place to provide a DL they say they can’t find my account. So nobody contacts me to tell me that they need something from me, and when I have had to spend my time investigating to figure out what the heck I need to do, I then can’t even provide the information they say that they’re requiring. Which is on the same site that tells me they’ve received my money just fine and it’s hanging out in their bank account collecting interest. What is happening here??? TT, I have been using your services for a decade and this is seriously shameful. My direct deposit information hasn’t changed in 10 years. Why is there suddenly a problem now??? And what exactly is the problem, because I don’t know. No one has told me a thing and I can’t reach anyone. 

Not only can I not reach a single human being by phone, email, chat, etc., but I also can’t even send the information that they say is required. I am seriously overwhelmed and have no more time to spend on this. TPG is literally stealing from your customers, your community is in an uproar, and not a thing is being done about it. I want a resolution. What is the resolution to this??? I’m lucky that I don’t need this money immediately, but you have lots of customers that are in dire straits because of TPG. What is being done to fix these problems? And how does the taxpayer, your customer, go about figuring out what it is they actually need from us?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

318 Replies
SForrestLO
Intuit Alumni

We’re aware of an issue that may have caused customers who used our Refund Transfer service to see a smaller refund than expected.

We know how important your refund is and we apologize. We’re working quickly to resolve this and make sure you receive your full refund. You'll get an email message from us shortly letting you know when to expect the rest of your refund.

How do I contact the Internal Revenue Service (IRS)?

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

They haven’t taken additional funds that I know of, they’re holding my entire refund with no expected release date (even though it’s been confirmed that they’ve received my funds over a week ago from the IRS) and no ability to even speak to someone to advise me what the actual issue is. I’ve been filing with the same return info and same banking info for nearly 10 years with TT, so there should be no reason anything has been held up. The worst part of all of this is that I can’t even get a single person to tell me what the problem is because there’s no such thing as getting someone on the phone from TPG, and they have not responded to the ticket I’ve sent in. Again, how is it legal for a bank to hold my funds without so much as a notification? I can’t reach TT through chat or by phone, I can’t reach TPG at all either. It’s completely frustrating. I’ve reached out to my corporate attorney at this point, but should I need to get an attorney to get an answer to what is going on? The IRS has released my funds, what right does a tpp have to hold them??? I’ll be very surprised if they have a legal right to do this. I’ve wasted many frustrating hours calling numbers that have no human being on the other end after extenuating holds, and it has been in exercise in futility regardless. I literally had to start this thread to reach anyone at TT. I’m not alone either. Listen to the buzz on these threads. It’s awful what’s going on. And how do I get an actual human being to tell me what is going on short of an attorney demand??? 

SForrestLO
Intuit Alumni

We’re aware of an issue that may have caused customers who used our Refund Transfer service. 

We know how important your refund is and we apologize. We’re working quickly to resolve this and make sure you receive your full refund. You'll get an email message from us shortly letting you know when to expect the rest of your refund.

In the meantime, please refer to these Turbo Tax help articles.

Why is my direct-deposited refund or check lower than the amount in TurboTax?

Why is My Tax Refund Not What I Expected?

What is a refund offset?

Topic No. 152 Refund Information

Tax Refund Tips

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Sigh. This has nothing to do with any of that. This has nothing to do with the IRS or my bank, and everything to do with TPG fraudulently holding my funds. I can’t reach a single person at that bank, or at TurboTax to explain to me why the return I filed with the exact same information as the last 10 years to include my failing status and banking information is somehow being flagged for fraud. And furthermore, that I can’t even upload my drivers license to prove who I am because their site is broken, but only on that section of it. I can look up my account with them just fine using the exact same Social Security number to check the status, but can’t log in where I’m to upload my DL. So I can see that they have my money, and also that they’re holding it indefinitely with no ability for recourse on my end. 

This is fraud. 

I’m in the same boat as you are. Can’t get ahold of anybody and when I enter my social to upload my ID it says they can’t find me. Really frustrating and I definitely could use that money!

The same thing is happening to me, expect tpg says “unfunded” but the irs sent my money on February 9th! The irs gave me an account and routing number which is clearly associated with my social and no one else’s. So I’m in the same boat and I am a foster mom who is in need of this money to help take care of the children in this state who need homes! I can’t get ahold of anyone either and it is extremely frustrating knowing that our money is just floating around and no one has an idea on what to do. A lady at turbo tax even told me they don’t use tpg anymore they use credit karma and gave me a number to transunion. Like it makes no sense, you are running your customers around after making us upgrade this year another thing I’ve never had to do in the 10 plus years of using Turbo tax and now there 3 rd party bank is BS and holding peoples money or showing that they haven’t even received it! We shouldn’t be doing anything to investigate this, turbo tax should be able to contact the people they work with and find out! I don’t know why they wouldn’t want there $79 faster anyways!! That’s why this is all happening because we have to pay turbo tax first for what? Horrible service? 

Oh and they clearly don’t care because this lady @SForrestLO that’s answering you @Jennifer1111 said the same exact things on my posts on Monday. Here it is Wednesday and I didn’t even get the email she said I would get with an update. It’s just a run around and it’s BS. Turbo tax needs to figure this out and have better trained associates to give out information on something so serious!!! 

iamdalepaul
Returning Member

I am having the same issue with TPG. I filed with Turbo Tax and TPG is the bank that is supposed to transfer my refund to my card.  I noticed that my deposit was $1,316.00 short. I contacted Turbo Tax and was told that it could be student loan payback or another type of Government debt, which I have neither of those. I went to the "Bureau of Fiscal Service" and I have no Debts or Offsets. I have tried to contact TPG on this matter however I am on hold for hours trying to speak to a representative, I finally selected to receive a call back when a rep was available and no call back.  What is going on Turbo Tax?? This needs to be fixed!! 

I can’t believe you actually even got the phone to ring for TPG!!! @iamdalepaul 

I'm having THE SAME ISSUE. I'm so mad!! 

It’s BS @NoneOfYourBusiness2. if I had enough money to get an attorney and sue the crap out of TT & TPG. I would. I’m so upset &

feel like there is nothing I can do 

I have the same issue and spent the last 4 hours trying to get a hold of someone. What should I do now???

Same issue here. Just trying to document everywhere I can. 

This is awful. Like we don't already pay enough to file for "Free" with TurboTax. "Free" this year cost me $117 in fees IN ADDITION to TPG also charging me. 

Have been with TurboTax for 10 years. They have lost a customer in me. 

abbs1980

My refund is $2000 less then it should be. I have not received an email or any information on how to resolve this. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies