turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Do I have pending deposit

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

43 Replies
Heather14

To see whether you have a pending deposit you will need to log on to your bank account and check your account.  

Returns are usually accepted within 48 hours, but can take up to 72 hours. While your return is pending acceptance they are checking your personal information to make sure it matches their records, sometimes that can take them a little longer than the average estimated time.  With the recent changes in the tax code, it may take a little longer than what you are used to for the returns to be processed.  

im looking and i dont see where you can see if you have a pending deposit.

TerukoL
Intuit Alumni

TurboTax does not receive updates from the IRS once they have accepted your return. The IRS issues most refunds in about 21 days, although some returns take more time to review. To find out where your refund is, first check your e-file status. If it's been processed and accepted, you can begin to track your refund at the IRS Where's My Refund? site.  You'll need your Social Security number or ITIN, filing status, and the exact amount of your refund to check your status. The IRS will issue your refund when your return is approved.

If it has been more than 21 days since your return was accepted,  You will need to contact the IRS  at 1-800-829-1040 and follow the prompts for a live representative. The person that you speak with will have direct access to your tax return and be able to provide you with a status update. 

When you call, make sure you have the following information:

• tax year
  • social security number
  • filing status
  • exact refund amount

Please click When will I get my IRS tax refund? to learn more.

It can take up to 5 business days for your bank to deposit your tax return into your account. If the status in Where’s My Refund? shows “Refund Sent”, the IRS has sent your tax refund to your bank for direct deposit. If you don't receive it in after 5 business days, then you should contact your bank. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

I dont know how to find out

TiffanyL
Intuit Alumni

If you set up for your return to be deposited onto your bank card, you would need to call your banking institution and check with them to see if they have a pending deposit for you. If you used the Turbo Visa Debit Card, you can use the link provided below to reach someone directly to check on your deposit:

Turbo Debit Card

Bookerval82
Returning Member

Do I have a pending deposit my tax refund is scheduled to be sent tomorrow March the 25th 2020

@Bookerval82 wrote:

Do I have a pending deposit my tax refund is scheduled to be sent tomorrow March the 25th 2020

Only you would know if you have a pending deposit in your bank account.

Bookerval82
Returning Member

But shouldn’t your card company know if you have one

@Bookerval82 wrote:

But shouldn’t your card company know if you have one

From @TiffanyL 

If you set up for your return to be deposited onto your bank card, you would need to call your banking institution and check with them to see if they have a pending deposit for you. If you used the Turbo Visa Debit Card, you can use the link provided below to reach someone directly to check on your deposit:

Turbo Debit Card

chantia21

Y is the turbo app saying my account is closed and the irs sent my refund to the turbo card what is goin on 3/26/2020 what should i do

Thop
Returning Member

Asap

DaraLO
Intuit Alumni

@chantia21 I recommend contacting Turbo Card customer support to inquire about the status of your account.  Go here for steps to reach a live representative when you call. 

If the IRS issues your refund to a closed account, the funds will be returned.  In this case, the IRS will mail you a paper refund check.  Allow 1-3 weeks to receive your check.

Bnasty023
Returning Member

Do I have a pending deposit

CassLO
Intuit Alumni

If you see on the IRS Where’s My Federal Refund? the your refund has been sent it can take 1 to 5 business days for the financial institution to deposit fund into your account.

If you are referring to a TurboTax card, please see @DaraLO's instructions above on how to contact TurboTax customer care.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies