Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Ask the Experts All About the W-4! >> Event happening NOW!!!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

MoniqueLO_
Intuit Alumni

The IRS says take action tax topic 151 your appeal rights

Please see this IRS article for an explanation of Topic No. 151: Topic No. 151 Your Appeal Rights.

If you have additional questions regarding Topic No. 151, you will need to contact the IRS. Please see  How do I contact the Internal Revenue Service (IRS)? for more information, including the IRS phone number.

@Millsumt

Again I have looked it all up and know what it means. I got a 9.00 refund and it was 11,806.00 if it's student loans I only owe 8000.0 and it's not up for payments tell June?? Haven't received the letter and it doesn't say anywhere on the transcript where the money went. 

MoniqueLO_
Intuit Alumni

Unfortunately, we do not have access to your account to be able to tell you where your money went. The only people who can assist you with Tax Topic No. 151 is the IRS. Please see How do I contact the Internal Revenue Service (IRS)? for more information, including the IRS phone number and hours of operation. You may want to try calling right when they open since they have been very busy throughout the day.

@Millsumt

Most likely they have your return in review. You should definitely look at your transcripts and make sure you contact irs exams to see if it’s in their department because regular irs people won’t be able to see it 

Cchiney
Returning Member

Did you ever receive an refund ????????

The claiming if new dependents will definitely delay the processing. Is it possible a parent claimed one or both nieces on their return?

Did the IRS give you back a refund after you got money deducted from your return?

Toosexy81
Returning Member

I have not received my 2020 taxes, I am the custodian parent of two little girls and even though they have lived with me their whole lives, their dad claimed them and he got every child tax credit and I didn’t receive anything. My girls are going without, we are fixing to be evicted and will be without electricity soon bc I can’t work full time bc of no babysitter 

Toosexy81
Returning Member

No

@Toosexy81 - I assume you paper filed 2020.  Have you reveiewed your transcript to see if there is anything meaningful on their? 

https://www.irs.gov/individuals/get-transcript

what did you do about filing in 2021?

Also, are you familiar with the IRS PIN.  Using a PIN will preclude anyone who doesn't know the PIN from efiling a tax return with the children listed.  Paper filing without the PIN would really slow down the processing.   

https://www.irs.gov/identity-theft-fraud-scams/get-an-identity-protection-pin

Did you ever receive your refund? I was told it takes 20 weeks 

Toosexy81
Returning Member

No I didn’t receive my refund or and child tax credits as well
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies