Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

The IRS apparently made an error when entering the info from my daughters paper return into their system. The box stating that she is blind was apparently checked. Her middle initial was also entered incorrectly. She does not make enough to may taxes.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
rjs
Level 15
Level 15

The IRS apparently made an error when entering the info from my daughters paper return into their system. The box stating that she is blind was apparently checked. Her middle initial was also entered incorrectly. She does not make enough to may taxes.

If the refund that your daughter received was the amount shown on the tax return that she filed, and the IRS is not asking for any payment, you don't have to do anything. The mistakes didn't affect the amount of her refund, and they won't affect future years. It's not necessary to fix them.

View solution in original post

4 Replies

What is your question for the user forum?

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

Sorry, my question is what do we need to do about this? Does the irs keep the paper copies or scans of the paper returns so that they can fix the problem? Do we need to file an amended return even though the mistake is not ours?  WE are aware of the issue because they sent a letter to my daughter telling her that she can receive communications from the IRS in alternative formats (large print, braille, audio)

rjs
Level 15
Level 15

If the refund that your daughter received was the amount shown on the tax return that she filed, and the IRS is not asking for any payment, you don't have to do anything. The mistakes didn't affect the amount of her refund, and they won't affect future years. It's not necessary to fix them.

Maybe IRS will do better this year, but don't count on it.

IRS is still behind on over 6 million tax returns and here comes another huge pile.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies