Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Taxes

I filed my taxes without submitting my w-2 how does turbo tax know the amount I'm receiving back

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

Taxes

Only from what you entered.   What income and withholding did you enter?   Do you need to add the W2?

You should not amend until the first return has fully processed and you get the first refund or your tax due payment has cleared.  

The 2021 1040X amended return won't be ready until March 17, 2022.

How to Amend

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/amending/help/how-to-amend-change-or-correct-a-return-you-already-...

View solution in original post

15 Replies

Taxes

Only from what you entered.   What income and withholding did you enter?   Do you need to add the W2?

You should not amend until the first return has fully processed and you get the first refund or your tax due payment has cleared.  

The 2021 1040X amended return won't be ready until March 17, 2022.

How to Amend

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/amending/help/how-to-amend-change-or-correct-a-return-you-already-...

Taxes

Thank you I understand completely now. When I filed early my W2 haven't came in yet. However turbo tax told me that's ok so I continued on my taxes. With the expert  the  child tax credits is what's being refunded . Only!! Until I redo  my taxes. I assumed I can go back and submit my forms  when I received them . Turbo tax said I can upload my forms however they're not going to be submitted because I already efiled . IRS accepted both federal @

I have to wait to get a full refund because of my lack of knowledge. Plus turbo tax is deducted $217 from me I shoulda just waited and went to a tax office.. well I know better next year 

Taxes

I think I finished my taxes but can't get a straight answer from anyone

Vanessa A
Expert Alumni

Taxes

Did you enter all of your dependents, W-2's, and other tax forms you received?  If you did and you walked through all the questions and answers, then you have finished your return.

We cannot see your return in community, but if you are unsure if you have entered everything where it belongs you can click on the Live help link in the upper right hand corner of your return and have an agent look over your return to be sure you are getting your maximum refund. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Taxes

@Bridget101  Did you enter everything and file?

Did you go all the way through the File tab, through the 3 steps and hit the big orange Transmit Returns Now button?

If you used the Online version you can check your efile status here     

https://turbotax.intuit.com/tax-tools/efile-status-lookup/   

When you efile you get back 2 emails.  The first email only confirms the transmission.  The second email says if the IRS (or state) Accepted or Rejected your efile.  And check your spam folder for them.

When you log into your account you should also see the status and if it was Accepted or Rejected, Started, Printed, Ready to Mail, etc.  What does it say?

Taxes

My taxes we not done right for 2020 I think I need a amendment 

Taxes

I have done 2021 taxes and I need help with my 2020 

FangxiaL
Expert Alumni

Taxes

Hopefully the amendment of your 2020 tax return will not affect your 2021 return. 

If you used TurboTax filing your 2020 return, here is how to amend it:

There are a few things you need to know before you can start the amendment process:

1. To amend your 2020 return, you need to use the same TurboTax account that you used to file your original 2020 return.
    • If you don’t see your 2020 return under Your tax returns & documents on the Tax Home page, you might be in the wrong account. Use our account recovery tool to find all of your accounts.
  2. Make sure you really need to amend, and that your 2020 return was accepted in TurboTax Online, TurboTax CD/Download, or paper-filed through the mail. You can't amend a return that hasn't been filed yet.
  3. You'll need to paper file your amended return, since TurboTax doesn't currently support e-filing an amended prior-year return.

When you're ready to amend, select your product below and follow the instructions.

For more details, please refer to this help article.

@Olskoolz71

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Taxes

I entered a amount. turbo use

Taxes

@billyhall   What is your question?  Did you enter a wrong amount?  

Doodle98

Taxes

Very easy to file

dpanizari12
Returning Member

Taxes

Do i need to file ssdi benifits this year.?

Taxes

Only if you have other income to report and are filing a return.  

dpanizari12
Returning Member

Taxes

Why havent i got my state taxes back yet.?

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies