turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Taxes accepted still being processed?

The irs accepted my return on 2/10/21 and I still didn't receive my taxes direct deposit. The website says my "return is still being processed and I'll have a refund date when available." Is that a bad thing? All of my friends got there taxes this week but me. I hope I'll still get mine before the 21 days:/

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

It is not a bad thing. Each return is different, and some take longer than others.

View solution in original post

Mine is saying the same thing! Its been saying that since Feb 16 and hasn't changed. 

View solution in original post

36 Replies

It is not a bad thing. Each return is different, and some take longer than others.

Mine is saying the same thing! Its been saying that since Feb 16 and hasn't changed. 

Prhyme
Returning Member

Filed late jan accepted feb 12th..still nothing.only says still processing. I called yesterday and the lady i spoke with said she doesnt know why its still processing but ill recieve a letter with an update. 

I am getting the same message.. can I ask you who you called and at what number? I have been trying to call the IRS and all I get is recordings can not get a live person... thanks in advance

CarissaM
Intuit Alumni

@bev617 You can contact the IR by clicking here

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Mine still says the same thing still being processed my return is simple shouldn't have been a problem no children just disabled parent that I carry. I have used turbo tax for 4 years and this is the first problem I've had and am upset that they aren't helping why use them if they can't help you and trying to call the irs you don't even get put on hold they just tell you try again later 

EbonyA
Intuit Alumni

@Marytweedharveydoodles Turbo Tax assists you in the filing of your return, however we have no control over when the IRS issues your refund. In general, due to the ongoing effects of the pandemic, the IRS is experiencing delays. Having said that, although the IRS provides a guideline of 21 days to release most refunds, some refunds take longer to process based on various reasons including certain credits claimed. The FAQ below serves as a reference:

Why do some refunds take longer than others?

I thank you for the information about calling the IRS but the number has a recording that says that “due to extremely high call volume your call can not be answered at this time” I have tried calling this number at various times and get the same recording. Guess I will just have to wait and see if I ever get my refund.... I have filed a couple of family members taxes since I filed my own and they already got their refund... all the taxes including my open are very simple nothing complicated... again thanks for trying to help.

ThomasM125
Expert Alumni

@bev617 If you have a recovery rebate credit on line 30 of your form 1040 that could be slowing things down. That is for a situation where you didn't receive all of your stimulus payments so the balance due you is listed on your 2020 tax return. The IRS may take longer to process those returns as they want to verify the correct amount of stimulus money due you.

This is the only thing that is on mine when I filed I hadn't received my stimulus check so I filed the recovery  rebate but 48 hrs after I filed I got the stimulus check in the mail . So what now ??? I finally got a person on the phone at the irs and that was no help the lady said she didn't see any reason why I hadn't received my refund that I needed to wait til may 5 and call back again but couldn't tell me anything else 

I am experiencing exactly the same thing... Nothing unusual this year,  special credits.  E-filed on Feb 11... accepted a few days later.  Message at Where's my refund went from "being processed" to "still being processed."  Called IRS each (weekday) for over a week (after 21 days from "received") and have never gotten through.  Always the recording "due to heavy volume, we cannot accept your call at this time. Please try again later."

I've triple checked the e-filed return, and did not find anything wrong.  I had run the error check prior to e-filing and no errors were reported. 

Several others filings after Feb 12 of Family members after and they have received their refunds.  I'm concerned that early e-files (before Feb 12) were put in a backlog.

I've used Turbo Tax for over 10 years and never had a problem before.   

MichelleLO
Intuit Alumni

Most refunds are received within 21 days from the time a return has been accepted (received). However, some returns take longer than others. It's possible your return may require additional review and take longer to process.

The IRS is also experiencing delays in processing returns due to a later than usual start to the tax season, a backlog of mailed returns, and current tax season returns. 

For more information, please see My return is accepted but still not approved. Is there a problem? Should I be worried?

muriela

Has this been resolved for anyone yet?  My Nephew did his taxes the same dates as many others on this thread February 10th and it was accepted on February 12th but nothing has happened or changed since then. He cannot see any updated information and the IRS, is a joke.  Help.

JotikaT2
Employee Tax Expert

The IRS has been processing some refunds faster than others.  Sometimes it takes a little more time.  Trying using the following link to track your refund.

IRS processing time and refund status 

The online link is your best option to track your refund.  I have attached a link with more answers from the IRS as to why your refund may be taking longer to process.

Federal refund questions

@muriela

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies