turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Tax Payment

I have the same problem.  E filing completed 4/13 but no debit from the feds yet

my22
Level 2

Tax Payment

This year's due date is May 17, so we still have time.

I think we can wait for 10 business day from your own selected day or the acceptance day (if you don't specify the debit day) . If still not debit, we can contact Turbotax. 

If possible, please come back and update your progress. I will do my part. 

Thanks everyone!

carlino2015
Returning Member

Tax Payment

Same problem here, efiled on 4/3 with debit scheduled for the same day. Both state and federal were accepted and state (AZ) was withdrawn from my account the next day... 12 days later, no federal withdrawal yet.

I sat on hold with IRS EFTPS for over an hour to be told they have no additional information.

Tax Payment

Taxes submitted on 4/7 with payment scheduled for 4/9.     State payment successful (paid $25) but as of 4/15 my Federal payment has not been deducted from my checking account.   Called Turbo Tax customer service but they are unaware of  the issue.   Everyone needs to call and force the issue.

Tax Payment

As an update - the $ is still in my account (I filed 3/26 with a payment of 3/29), but at least I was able to confirm that my tax returns were transmitted

I've created an account with the IRS.

Account Home -> Tax Records -> Get Transcript

I confirmed they are showing my 2020 Return Transcript and such... so I'm cautiously hoping there may be a delay in the federal e-file payment processing.  Otherwise seems I may have to send a check with form 1040-V  or use the IRS DirectPay online by May 17th, and pray that my original payments doesn't end up going through... not dealing with some trivial amount :(

Tax Payment

Does someone have a good phone # for Turbo Tax where I can actually get a live person on the line?

Tax Payment

I signed into TurboTax and used this form:
https://support.turbotax.intuit.com/contact/

MDpayer

Tax Payment

I'm puzzled by this same problem. I've never known the U.S. government NOT to collect monies owed as soon as it can. I submitted taxes in late Feb with direct debit scheduled for 4/6. I will wait 10 business days to see if govt takes its money, but this sounds like a potential TurboTax glitch. 

Tax Payment

@MDpayer wrote:

I'm puzzled by this same problem. I've never known the U.S. government NOT to collect monies owed as soon as it can. I submitted taxes in late Feb with direct debit scheduled for 4/6. I will wait 10 business days to see if govt takes its money, but this sounds like a potential TurboTax glitch. 

It is an IRS problem.  They are behind on everything since last year when the pandemic broke.

IRS notice - https://www.irs.gov/newsroom/irs-operations-during-covid-19-mission-critical-functions-continue

As of March 26, 2021, we had 2 million individual tax returns received prior to 2021 in the processing pipeline. Including current year returns, as of March 26, 2021, we had 16.5 million unprocessed individual returns in the pipeline. Unprocessed returns include those requiring correction to the Recovery Rebate Credit amount or validation of 2019 income used to figure the Earned Income Tax Credit (EITC) and Advance Child Tax Credit (ACTC). This work does not require us to correspond with taxpayers but does require special handling by an IRS employee so, in these instances, it is taking the IRS more than 21 days to issue any related refund. If, as a result, a correction is made to any RRC, EITC or ACTC claimed on the return, the IRS will send taxpayers an explanation. Taxpayers are encouraged to continue to check Where’s My Refund? for their personalized refund status and can review Tax Season Refund Frequently Asked Questions.

H&R Block Facebook page has the same complaints - https://www.facebook.com/hrblock

Tax Payment

@DoninGA  The info you  provide seems to be about tax refunds (rather than tax payments). When others on this thread have contacted the IRS, they were not told there was a problem on the IRS side but rather on the tax software (TurboTax) side. I tried looking at the H&R Block facebook page that you shared but can't see relevant conversations about problems with payments of taxes (just people waiting for refunds). Do you have more direct links to the payment problem that we are experiencing?

Tax Payment

I am in there same boat very frustrating

Tax Payment

IS THERE A TURBOTAX CONTACT NUMBERS TO CALL. I CHECKED ONLINE MY IRS TRANSCRIPT @ IRS WEBSITE, & IT SHOWS THAT THEY HAD RECEIVED MY RETURN. I ALSO CHECKED PREVIOUS YEARS OF RECORD & SHOWS PAYMENTS DEBITED ON EXACT DATES SCHEDULED. I BELIEVED THIS IS A TURBOTAX ISSUE. IT WOULD BE NICE TO RECIEVE A COMMENT FROM TURBOTAX ON THIS!!!!!I HAVE BEEN A TURBOTAX USER FOR 15 YEARS, WE NEED SOME ACKNOWLEDGEMENT OF THIS PROBLEM!!!!!

Tax Payment

I signed into TurboTax and used this form:
https://support.turbotax.intuit.com/contact/

I add information about my problem and I am given a number to call and  a support ID. I'm put on hold a few minutes and then I can talk with someone.

The person I spoke with just now said the delay is caused by the IRS. It is not a TurboTax issue, according to the rep. The IRS has received our tax returns but there is a delay in processing them this year. Once they have processed a tax return, they will take the payment.

I strongly requested that someone from TurboTax reply to this thread and she told me that they will.

nemesis_c
Returning Member

Tax Payment

Same issue here, self-employed taxes filed and accepted on 04/12. No status of my federal payment being deducted from my bank account as of 4/16 

Tax Payment

I submitted my tax return a month ago and was informed that it had been accepted. Several checks on the status shows "being processed". Still no answer.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies