Return was accepted 8 weeks ago, still not recieved refund. Irs site says no record of filing a return, but it was accepted. Very confused.

There is no need to be confused; this is not uncommon. Accepted in TurboTax just means that they have received your return. That is the status of your return; not your refundUntil they actually start reviewing and processing your returns, their systems will have no record of it. 

The next step would be for the government to review/process your return and approve your refund. Once they approve, they provide deposit (or check mailed) date. Processing time can vary if they are still working on a backlog. Patience is virtue. They will update the site with a status once they start processing your return. 

You can use the IRS Where's My Refund site for the latest status on your federal tax refund.

And you can use your State Department of Revenue's website to check status of state tax refund. Choose your state here How do I track my state refund? and it will give you steps to track the status.

Other Related Topics:

Sent my return in on February 11th and still no refund. Where the heck is it?

@dnsean 

Was your return Accepted? First double check your efile status here
https://turbotax.intuit.com/tax-tools/efile-status-lookup/

When you efile you get back 2 emails. The first email only confirms the transmission. The second email says if the IRS (or state) Accepted or Rejected your efile.

Then only the IRS can tell you. IRS Where's my refund https://www.irs.gov/refunds/
Make sure you are using the refund amount from your actual federal tax return and not the combined amount Turbo Tax showed you at the end. That was for federal and state combined.

When you log into your account you should also see the status and if it was Accepted or Rejected, Started, Printed, Ready to Mail, etc.  what does it say?