turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Return was accepted 8 weeks ago, still not recieved refund. Irs site says no record of filing a return, but it was accepted. Very confused.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

9 Replies

Return was accepted 8 weeks ago, still not recieved refund. Irs site says no record of filing a return, but it was accepted. Very confused.

There is no need to be confused; this is not uncommon. Accepted in TurboTax just means that they have received your return. That is the status of your return; not your refundUntil they actually start reviewing and processing your returns, their systems will have no record of it. 

The next step would be for the government to review/process your return and approve your refund. Once they approve, they provide deposit (or check mailed) date. Processing time can vary if they are still working on a backlog. Patience is virtue. They will update the site with a status once they start processing your return. 

You can use the IRS Where's My Refund site for the latest status on your federal tax refund.

And you can use your State Department of Revenue's website to check status of state tax refund. Choose your state here How do I track my state refund? and it will give you steps to track the status.

Other Related Topics:

dnsean

Sent my return in on February 11th and still no refund. Where the heck is it?

@dnsean 

Was your return Accepted? First double check your efile status here
https://turbotax.intuit.com/tax-tools/efile-status-lookup/

When you efile you get back 2 emails. The first email only confirms the transmission. The second email says if the IRS (or state) Accepted or Rejected your efile.

Then only the IRS can tell you. IRS Where's my refund https://www.irs.gov/refunds/
Make sure you are using the refund amount from your actual federal tax return and not the combined amount Turbo Tax showed you at the end. That was for federal and state combined.

When you log into your account you should also see the status and if it was Accepted or Rejected, Started, Printed, Ready to Mail, etc.  what does it say?

My return was accepted on feb1st. Still nothing it said it was accepted when I tracked my refund. Now the little bar disappeared and says processing. I recieved  a letter from the irs that they have recieved my tax return. And that they are double checking everything. And that I need to do nothing. So here i am waiting. It continues to say processing.... what the heck is going on?

@Manofsteel3006 wrote:

My return was accepted on feb1st. Still nothing it said it was accepted when I tracked my refund. Now the little bar disappeared and says processing. I recieved  a letter from the irs that they have recieved my tax return. And that they are double checking everything. And that I need to do nothing. So here i am waiting. It continues to say processing.... what the heck is going on?

Only the IRS could answer that.

**Disclaimer: This post is for discussion purposes only and is NOT tax advice. The author takes no responsibility for the accuracy of any information in this post.**
PhilWells

except they dont answer anything, mine has been saying still processing for 8 weeks, there's no live assistance so i cant talk to any1, still processing tells me nothing, ive written to them twice and ive recieved zero reply, its ridiculous that there is no way to communicate with irs to find out whats happening.

My Federal tax return I have not received and it has been eight weeks since I talk to the lady and she said that if I hadn’t got it before April 7 to call back while now I can’t talk to anyone because the phones have been froze so someone please let me know what is going on

GiseleD
Expert Alumni

Unfortunately, we do not have access to information about your tax account with the IRS. If the IRS is not answering the 800 829 1040 number now, you may want to try back daily until they do answer. Alternatively, you can hire a private accountant to represent you. They can get an authorization from you to call the IRS on your behalf. The IRS phone number for tax practitioners (not taxpayers) is working, so you may consider this route. 

@Lisaandmax

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Mailed refund on 3/2/2022 still no refund or no status 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies